Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'll just pack my stuff and my baby and run away =]

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 20 Replies

^^How I feel most days

I just want to pick up and start somewhere else. I hate being in one place too long =[

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:15 PM

hugs

KanPsMommy
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM
This is my plan this weekend only in running away from a dangerous relationship.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mel0dy
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Stay strong and stay safe Mama bear.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

This is my plan this weekend only in running away from a dangerous relationship.

KanPsMommy
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Thank you. He will be out of town 4 hours away for the next 5 days. So getting out isnt the issue, it's him tracking us down after I leave.

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Page98
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:10 PM

If you are running away with your child, you need to notify the police BEFOREHAND. If he is the biological father of the child and you take the child, it is considered kidnapping and YOU can get in a lot of trouble for it.

Just an FYI.

Sometimes when we are frantic we make irrational decisions based on emotion rather than logic. Thats a recipe for disaster. Stay calm and mostly (if you want to make this exit successful) stay LEVEL HEADED.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Thank you. He will be out of town 4 hours away for the next 5 days. So getting out isnt the issue, it's him tracking us down after I leave.

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Mel0dy
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Do you have any friends or family that he don't know about? Like a friend that lives out of town that he never met? I'm sure if you talk to them they would help you out. Do you have any money? You could take a bus out or town and stay in a hotel if you have money. Get emergency PA or welfare (depending on where you live). Also make sure you delete your history on the computer if you talk about where you are going our look up anything about where you are going. And if you need to call anyone don't use your house phone or cellphone so he can't trach you down by seeing the phone bill.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting KanPsMommy:

feliciasmith
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Actually if there's no court order nobody has custody until a judge decides. Him just being on the birth certificate isn't enough to get her in trouble.

Quoting Page98:

If you are running away with your child, you need to notify the police BEFOREHAND. If he is the biological father of the child and you take the child, it is considered kidnapping and YOU can get in a lot of trouble for it.

Just an FYI.

Sometimes when we are frantic we make irrational decisions based on emotion rather than logic. Thats a recipe for disaster. Stay calm and mostly (if you want to make this exit successful) stay LEVEL HEADED.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Page98
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM

No thats incorrect.

If you remove a child from their home, without notifying the other parent, then it is considered illegal and can put you in a lot of trouble.

Think about it; you get home and your child is nowhere to be seen or found and you have no idea where they are.

Whether or not they are abusive, the police does not know that or has concluded the case to be so. If the husband files a missing report for both her and the child, then a investigation is put forth. If and WHEN they find them, she will be in trouble for not notifying.

Thats how it works.

Quoting feliciasmith:

Actually if there's no court order nobody has custody until a judge decides. Him just being on the birth certificate isn't enough to get her in trouble.

Quoting Page98:

Just an FYI.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting KanPsMommy:

marjaemommy
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM

im the same way how do you stop that feeling?

feliciasmith
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Actually my dh is going through custody right now. Before the papers were filed the mother could have moved to japan and not been in trouble because until a court decides who has custody then whoever simply HAS the child has the child and is free to do what they want. I know my states child law pretty well idk what state you live in but in most states it's the same.

Quoting Page98:

No thats incorrect.

If you remove a child from their home, without notifying the other parent, then it is considered illegal and can put you in a lot of trouble.

Think about it; you get home and your child is nowhere to be seen or found and you have no idea where they are.

Whether or not they are abusive, the police does not know that or has concluded the case to be so. If the husband files a missing report for both her and the child, then a investigation is put forth. If and WHEN they find them, she will be in trouble for not notifying.

Thats how it works.

Quoting feliciasmith:

Quoting Page98:

Just an FYI.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)