Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I got the courage somewhere, somehow and did it...

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
Not everyone will know my situation here. But long story short, I had been in an 8 year long relationship with a man who put me through a lot. Yeah there were good times, but a lot of bad as well which caused me to be seriously depressed... In September, we were engaged and he out of the blue called it off and I moved out. Stupid me, went back to him a month later when he decided he wanted me back. Since then my mom passed away and I have been going through a lot. He hasnt been very supportive and has been lying about finances... I made my mind up about 2 weeks ago I wanted out. Tonight I finally broke the news that I am not happy and that I will be packing my things and leaving in a few days. He didnt seem too upset, and I had left to go to my dads where me and the kids will be staying and when I came back I found the kids running around the house and he was sleeping. Apparently he took one of my anti anxiety meds and fell asleep. smh.... I think this is just the beginning of a bunch of bullshit, but at the same time I feel relieved...even though a tiny part of me is afraid to be alone... sad but true. But I know I can do this. I wish my mom was here to tell me it will all be ok, but I still have my dad and he has been a great support with my choice of leaving. Alot of lonely nights ahead, but I need to find happiness and being here with him isnt that... Ugh, I just need the strength to get through this all. Its not easy by any means but I somehow managed to get the courage to say what I needed to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PhoenixsMommy10
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:14 PM
You deserve someone who will treat you like their queen, and be a supportive partner. Don't settle for less, because I'm sure your mother would want you to be as happy as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:18 PM
If my mother was alive, she woudld be telling me right now "I told you so" about ever going back to him. its just so hard. I have to stay in the apartment with him the next few days til I can get my stuff out and its making it very very very hard. But I have to stay strong.

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

You deserve someone who will treat you like their queen, and be a supportive partner. Don't settle for less, because I'm sure your mother would want you to be as happy as possible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
You will do great on your own girl!! ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommytorn
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM
It's probably not what you want to hear but you need to document him taking YOUR meds and neglecting your children..should he decide to cause problems about custody later on!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Believe me, I know.

Quoting Mommytorn:

It's probably not what you want to hear but you need to document him taking YOUR meds and neglecting your children..should he decide to cause problems about custody later on!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Good. You don't need that shit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Proud of you! Stay strong.

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:13 AM
No I dont. And of course once again, I was made to feel as though its all my fault. I know its not. I know I deserve better. I need this time alone so I can find myself and realize my true value. I have given my all, but I cant anymore. I believe a huge portion of my depression has been fighting to make this relationship work. I need someone to build me up, not bring me down.

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

Good. You don't need that shit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I. Love. You.

And I have every single faith in you. You can and will do this on your own. You are strong, determined, smart, and a million other amazing things. I am here. We are here. Be strong.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so proud of you! You can do this! You deserve so much more than what he has given you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)