Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crazy Mother-In-Laws...

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM
  • 7 Replies
James and I brought Liam home from the hospital late at night. The following morning, half an hour after we'd finally gotten him to sleep, James' mother shows up, at seven o'clock in the morning. SEVEN IN THE MORNING! What the fuck??? It's funny in retrospect but I couldn't have been more angry that morning. She rang the doorbell incessantly, got Pacey (our dog) to start barking his head off, and woke the baby up.

Another time, at Sunday dinner, Liam was at the table with us and he had just finished a bottle when James was burping him. His mom didn't like the way he was doing it and freaked out, then tried to snatch Liam from his daddy almost causing James to drop him. Even in retrospect, that one isn't funny.

She's gotten a lot better since these incidents, mind you, but I just thought I'd share a couple of my crazy MIL stories.

Got any of your own? (:
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
proudGBmama
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Ex mil asked if her son was ok after he knocked my teeth out on a bath tub

Tried to feed my 8 month old a ginger snap cookie the first time she met him

Same meeting we were sitting down to lunch and I had made a bottle she started feeding him mayo covered turkey and ham off of her sandwich he's lactose intolerant and she knew it

My ex mil is a dumb biotch and my fmil Isn't much better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Aww, my mil isn't so bad as long as we don't discuss religion or politics, lol.

Mrs.wilcox01
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Well I have you beat on having the baby mine came to the hospital at midnight 3hrs after I delivered the baby and stayed till 2am and I was tired 3hrs of pushing.. She does so much to aggregate that I'm going to see a therapist.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hplesha
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:40 AM
My mil.... she over exaggerates EVERYTHING!!!!!! If something doesn't go her way, she gets pissed in two seconds and starts saying grrrr and balling her fists. She seriously throws a damn tantrum over the silliest thing!!! She's worse than the damn kids! She favors my youngest over my oldest. My oldest isn't her biologically her grandchild, but still... then, she recently got into an accident and we have been giving her rides to/from work. I went and picked her up last night and had the kids with me. Df was at a friends house and i was closer to her work than he was. He hardly ever goes anywhere, and if he does, it's because he's asked me first. She gets pissed and says that's not a good dad. O.o really lady?! I told her that was absolutely wrong. Just because i let him go out to his friends house because i want him out of the house for once, he's a bad dad?? No. Not. At. All. I really really dislike this lady. Df doesn't get along with her either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heartagram_girl
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Makes me feel so lucky that my MIL and I have a great relationship. I dont think we have had any kind of major disagreement. We are united in how alike our husbands are- and that is very awesome.

CafeMom Tickers
momsince04
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM
My MIL is a sweet heart, but it's irritating how she always compares her pregnancy too mine, and tells me what I can eat or not while breast feeding, ugh I have 2 kids and both pregnancies and labors were different. Plus she had her kids in Mexico, where doctors are horrible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsErdos2011
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I thought my mil was crazy for wanting me and my husband to take over her aviary when she passes but now I'm all for it. One little Lovebird ruined me. I'm even considering getting my Avian veterinary license because of it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)