Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Get that baby in the crib!!!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 45 Replies
Hello,

I cannot get this baby to sleep in his crib. My little boy is 11 weeks and refuses the crib. In the beginning he would sleep in the pack n play but now it's the swing or our bed. Tips please anyone!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
noahmommie2012
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:15 PM
i co sleep with my 11 month. he has a crib and he sleeps in but give it time. i know the feeling. my son never slept in bassnet, play pin now he sleeps i play pin and his crib along wiht my bed.
luvhubandbabys
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Swaddle rock till deep sleep then move to crib. That's how I get my 9 week old to sleep in the crib
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM
My 9minth old sleeps with us. So here's a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Ive never co-slept, I don't take the risk.
I hope you'll get it figured out. 🏨⛪
marihla
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Just don't give in, keep putting him in there. They have to sleep eventually!
CheyennesMommy2
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Not sure, I either coslept or had my babys in a bassinet right next to me. I weaned them into a crib at like 6/7 months...but I still let them sleep with me if they want, there 3 1/2 & 20 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michellej428
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Ds slept in a bassinet right next to our bed on my side from day one. Didn't move him in the crib until he was too big for the bassinet. Give it a try! Rock baby to sleep then place in the bassinet. We had one that vibrated, played music and has a mobile. He was right next to me so if he started to fuss I would put on the vibrate, the music and put my hand on his belly, rubbing it till he felt safe and fell back asleep. All while still half asleep and laying in bed lol it was also a very easy transition to the crib. It's been a long time since I had a new born but hope this helps maybe even just a little?! Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chanceordesire
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Co-sleeping is nice for some people but I'm against it. I give baby a bath (makes her super drowsy) and a nice big bottle of milk.  when she's full, i make sure she is relaxed and when she's drowsy, i put her in her crib. she falls asleep instantly. dim the room if possible and make sure it's very quiet. Babies don't learn right away how to go to sleep on their own but they can (with patience) be taught. Know your baby's cues (rubbing eyes, yawning, falling over, doing less activity, sleepy laughs) and when you first notice, there's your chance! Also make sure if you have company that they're quiet. I dunno about you but my kid's a very light sleeper. (but usually goes back to bed easily) good luck :)

OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM
My kids Cosleep/slept.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM

No idea. Somehow I have serious luck with that. DS slept in his PNP next to my bed as a baby and at 3 months he was moved to his crib in his own room and there was no slip-up. Then with DD she was put in her crib from day 1 (in our room). She had a hard couple of weeks when we first moved (at 6 months) but that was because of the move, and DH deployed so she's trying to handle daddy being gone also. But I got fed up one night and put her in her crib once she fell asleep, and now she's back to regular. =]

Once baby is asleep, slip him into his crib. Stick with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN