Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fund Raising Ideas

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello ladies... My daughter goes to Head Start and the parents have a meeting coming up about fund raisers. We tried to do gift wrapping on Black Friday this year and it was a flop... We live in a small town. Anyway, I was wondering if some of you had any interesting ideas or maybe you have done a fund raiser with your child's Head Start/Pre-school that has been successful. We can't do food. Before we can do any fundraiser it has to be presented to what they call policy council and they are kind of iffy on food because everything at Head Start is supposed to be healthy. So any ideas would be great or maybe if you could direct me to any websites. Thanks.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
clau1985
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM
http://www.justfundraising.com/
Here is a page i found hope it helps. You can also do a car wash. :)
ambermarie2006
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:29 PM
We live in a tiny town and all our fundraising is fun! We do Spirit Night at local restaurants and they give 5% of sales for the night. We do a Boo Carnival at Halloween, Santa Shop at Xmas, Spring Fest, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:27 PM
What state are you in?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I have a constant flow of fundraising companies emailing me. We had a lot of luck with a fitness fundraiser. Coupon books are always good sellers. Most restaurants hold fundraising nights and donate a percentage of their profits from that night, carnivals, may fairs, Chinese or silent auctions are good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyofSCC
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Maybe a craft fair with crafts made by the kids?

katiecat87
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM

New York

Quoting Courtney610:

What state are you in?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)