Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What are your texting pet peeves?

Posted by   + Show Post

7 Texting Habits That Are Highly Annoying

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on January 15, 2013 

textingI love texting. Call me Textasaurus Rex. Or Tyrannosaurus Text. Your choice. But I love texting. Love it, love it, love it. It's about 4,000 times easier than making an actual phone call. (Phone call? What's that, you dinosaur?) It's convenient ("What time r u gonna be home?" "7"). And it takes the awkwardness out of communicating via cell with people you're not besties with. (Have you ever been nervous to send a text? Prolly not.)

But still. There are a few annoying habits people engage in while texting -- and here r 7 of thm.

Using "Y" or "N" for "yes" or "no". I admit, I've done this, but it's f*cking ridiculous. I mean, how hard is it to type "es" or "o"? I know we're all busy, but come on.

The ridiculously long text. Like I said, I'm all about texting, but if what you're writing goes into three long separate texts, just call. It'll probably be quicker.

The text that says, "Just left you a message." You're probably not answering your phone for a reason -- be it you're busy, or you just don't want to. You'll get around to calling back when you get around to calling back. And it's kind of a trick, because if you text back, the person knows you're there and dodged their call. 

The million texts in a row before you get a chance to respond. Ever pick up your phone and realize you have, like, 10 texts -- from the same person? That's annoying!

The Emoji-obsessed texter. Emojis are cute, and sometimes, they can get a point across better than actual words can (which is really sad). But when you start sending messages that contain a pill, a girl dancing, a bunny, and a bowl of ramen-looking soup, you have a problem. 

Using abbreviations to the point of making your text unreadable. There are the classics: "U" instead of "you"; "idk" instead of "I don't know"; "OMG" for -- what does that even stand for anymore? But then there are the texts that are literally nothing but abbrevs. Stp tht. See? You probably didn't even know what I said there! I said: Stop that!

Having texting be your only form of communication. Texting is convenient, but come on guys, let's not all turn into a bunch of voiceless drones with robo-fast thumbs.

What are your texting pet peeves?

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
MAJL2009
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Abbreviating EVERYTHING! I like to spell out my words unless I'm really busy and I will use IDK, but I like making complete sentences and making sure everything is spelled right. It frustrates me when people don't spell things correctly! :) That is about the only one, I'm sure I'll think of more once I post this.

ilovemykids732
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM

one word texts, people who cant take the time to type out words properly... misspells are one thing... I understand that... on a small keypad it happens... but as a PP said, prolly... UGHHH

AleaKat
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
When I'm in a one way conversation.
Ill write this details message and all I ever get back is " k"

Oh it makes me want to scream!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MAJL2009
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

O yes, this right here; one word texts are probably one of the most annoying things you can do in texting! I knew I'd think of more after I posted mine! :)

Quoting ilovemykids732:

one word texts, people who cant take the time to type out words properly... misspells are one thing... I understand that... on a small keypad it happens... but as a PP said, prolly... UGHHH

bchic24
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM

TLKN LIK DIS N DEN ALL CAPS.....oh and when people text in the middle of dinner or some other social gathering.

haydensmom4610
by Jess on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:23 PM
This! That kills me!

Quoting AleaKat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookiecounter
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:32 PM
This.

Quoting haydensmom4610:

This! That kills me!

Quoting AleaKat:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2swtboys
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Using the letter n instead of and or the symbol &. My sil does that and it drives me crazy.

"Me n gary n the kids r at the pool n we r havn a blast."

Ugh!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
a complete lack of punctuation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tgetchell
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I don't know why but I hate the reply "ok" or even worse "k"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN