Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What are your texting pet peeves?

Posted by   + Show Post

7 Texting Habits That Are Highly Annoying

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on January 15, 2013 

textingI love texting. Call me Textasaurus Rex. Or Tyrannosaurus Text. Your choice. But I love texting. Love it, love it, love it. It's about 4,000 times easier than making an actual phone call. (Phone call? What's that, you dinosaur?) It's convenient ("What time r u gonna be home?" "7"). And it takes the awkwardness out of communicating via cell with people you're not besties with. (Have you ever been nervous to send a text? Prolly not.)

But still. There are a few annoying habits people engage in while texting -- and here r 7 of thm.

Using "Y" or "N" for "yes" or "no". I admit, I've done this, but it's f*cking ridiculous. I mean, how hard is it to type "es" or "o"? I know we're all busy, but come on.

The ridiculously long text. Like I said, I'm all about texting, but if what you're writing goes into three long separate texts, just call. It'll probably be quicker.

The text that says, "Just left you a message." You're probably not answering your phone for a reason -- be it you're busy, or you just don't want to. You'll get around to calling back when you get around to calling back. And it's kind of a trick, because if you text back, the person knows you're there and dodged their call. 

The million texts in a row before you get a chance to respond. Ever pick up your phone and realize you have, like, 10 texts -- from the same person? That's annoying!

The Emoji-obsessed texter. Emojis are cute, and sometimes, they can get a point across better than actual words can (which is really sad). But when you start sending messages that contain a pill, a girl dancing, a bunny, and a bowl of ramen-looking soup, you have a problem. 

Using abbreviations to the point of making your text unreadable. There are the classics: "U" instead of "you"; "idk" instead of "I don't know"; "OMG" for -- what does that even stand for anymore? But then there are the texts that are literally nothing but abbrevs. Stp tht. See? You probably didn't even know what I said there! I said: Stop that!

Having texting be your only form of communication. Texting is convenient, but come on guys, let's not all turn into a bunch of voiceless drones with robo-fast thumbs.

What are your texting pet peeves?

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Replies (61-70):
Beauty91805
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM
I hate that!!!

Quoting krn210:

I can't stand when someone will text you 10 times in five minutes, so you call them and they don't answer. I have a friend that does this all of the time! You can bet your booty if you text her right after calling she'll respond. Grrrrr.....

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ninjakids
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I hate when people answer 'k' or 'lol' after i send them something important.
BaBeezandMe
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I don't like all the shortcuts they use!  If you want to use that stupid sh*t with your friends it's cool but if you're taking the time to text me, please make sure I can read and understand it!!  Also, learn how to speak, read and TEXT English!!  Nothing makes a person look more like a fool then not using proper English!!!  Come on folks, even with those shortcuts, you don't have to sound like an illiterate moron!!  Just sayin!

Vinterland
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I was talking about people that send the same texts over and over on purpose because you didn't reply right away, haha. One of my cousins does that or she'll keep sending texts, one after the other. I even tell her that I'll text her later because I'm doing something and she'll get mad and ignore me. When she's busy, it doesn't offend me if she can't text me right away. I just find that kind of annoying.

Quoting colins_mom:

Im guilty of that, but my phone will tell me it didnt.send when it did so I end up sending it,like 4.times

Quoting Vinterland:

I can't stand shortened words and horrid grammar, we aren't fourteen anymore. It's annoying when people keep texting or sending the same text over and over again just because you didn't reply right away as well. Also, when people want to text constantly but they're not saying anything! It's just "nm", "lol", "k" and other one or two word replies. It's just a waste of time to me, I somewhat feel like I'm talking to a wall. 

DayDreamer1201
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM

People who don't use correct punctuation. It drives me insane. 

Ali5683
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Not using proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. I also hate abbreviated words. I use full words for everything. I also hate the whole DH, DS, DF, etc. thing on here. Drives me nuts. It just seems so lazy to me. Why not type husband or fiance?

chelsea02031990
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I hate when I get a text that just has the letter k on it. I dont know why but it bothers me. Why don't you just say "ok" and get it over with!!!!

Retrokitty
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:09 PM
When someone says k or ...
It sounds like your pissed at me please don't do it.
isell_avon
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:18 PM

the word LOL gives me the creeps honestly....

steelcage
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I dont understand the Y and N thing...I've never done that nor have I seen someone do it. 

I hate talling on the phone and actually waited until they were about to cancel my car insurance to call and pay it, just because  I didn't want to talk to the people. Hell I dont even like talking to someone I'm standing in front of. Can't I just text them?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN