Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What An Ungrateful Girl

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:01 AM
  • 13 Replies

I really need some help right now. I have no clue how to make of this. Today my boyfriend got a text from the cousin he lived with a few months ago. Apparently his ex is suing him. By suing him, I mean for 50,000 dollars. There is so much I want to say because I am angry and can only imagine how angry he is. I do not know what to tell him or how to help.

My boyfriend is in his early 20s as is she. They were together for 6 years and lived together. He paid for everything because she honestly did not want to. Rent, food, clothes, you name it. They lived together a good 4 of those years. While I understand their relationship was not perfect from either end, she did not do anything. He worked and she sat home. Then last December she left. Met someone else and left. According to my boyfriend, she had plently of time to come get her stuff. She made arragements to get her stuff. She came back and took some of her stuff.

Now she is married (to that guy she left my boyfriend for) and suing him for emotional distress and for the stuff she does not have. I am so disgusted by this. Like he talked to her at one point months ago, she was literally happier with her husband because he 'supports her' and she doesn't have to work. That my boyfriend should know that's how she likes it. What do I do to help him? My boyfriend does not have that kind of money. There has to be something we can do, right?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karamelkat9
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Are you sure it is not a phony scare you into doing something kinda threat?

heathermarie27
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:04 AM
After a certain amount of time if something is left I believe it is no longer their property. Happened to my friend. His broken moped was left too long on a friends porch and he to her to court but because it had been left for such an amount of time he couldn't get anything :/. I don't think she has any ground to stand on in my opinion. How long have you been together?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Newstart1012
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:07 AM

We have been together for 5 months. It has been a year since they were together. It is not fake only because there are legit court papers.

AlwaysKISA
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:08 AM
2 moms liked this
Look into abandonment laws. I'm pretty sure she cannot collect any type of money from him....it's not like the law expects him to keep her stuff forever until she decides to come and get it.

If she decides to go through with it (and she'd have to be an idiot to do that) tell him to counter sue for storages fees :-).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyL3469
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:13 AM

He made the effort to get her her stuff back. There's only so long you can hang onto it for. Emotional distress though? Fucking please... She can get over herself.

NOLAmommaKRYS
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Emotional distress?? When she's the one that left? Girl seems certifiable!

Honestly, I don't think he's going to have to pay anything. Try to get some legal advice on what he can do when he goes to court.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Get a lawyer.
littleleesmom
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM

get a lawyer but honestly she does not even have a peg leg to stand on!

dobrd
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Newstart11012, Any Judge will laugh her right out of court.. She has to prove everything she says.. If her stuff isn't around anymore this is her problem.. He owes her nothing Honey, so, it's exexctly what she's going to get.. They weren't married so, she'll get even less.. She's pissed because she was 'REPLACED'.. He has nothing to worry about.. Just ignore her from now on.. His cousin needs to stay out of this & not pass on anything like this to him.. Take Care, Donna....

mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I don't think she has a case that she could win, but you may want to meet with a lawyer for their advice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN