Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Teething

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
So my 7 month is teething. There aren't any teeth, and I can't feel where any are. But she is cranky and restless. Any help on how to sooth her would be super fantastic! I'm going slightly crazy lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
clau1985
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Well my almost seven month old has been like this for the past month. She is drooling and being crancky. We bought some baby orajel and put a little on her gums. Also give her a little bit of tylenol. Hope this helps good luck.
KrissRenea
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Ive been letting her chomp on popsicles, I know some might disagree with that, but it seems to help a little at least. I have baby orajel, but it doesnt seem to do much. She has been drooling for 3 months and chewing on everything she can, but no teeth yet and she has gotten more cranky.

clau1985
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM
My daughter has been like that since three months also. She started drooling and chewing on everything. But still no teeth. The orajel helps calm the sensation on the gums
She has been really fussy. I asked her pediatrician about why she has been like this and no teeth. She said it can take up to till ten months for teeth to come. Try a little bit of honey on her gums to ithelps.
funhappymom
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Quoting clau1985:

My daughter has been like that since three months also. She started drooling and chewing on everything. But still no teeth. The orajel helps calm the sensation on the gums
She has been really fussy. I asked her pediatrician about why she has been like this and no teeth. She said it can take up to till ten months for teeth to come. Try a little bit of honey on her gums to ithelps.

Oh no, don't use honey. Honey in babies under a year can be deadly.

Hylands teething tablets are awesome. They're all natural and great for baby. Orajel not only numbs the gums but also the tough and throat-any place where it touches, which can affect the baby eating. Just think of what it does to your mouth if you use it for tooth pain.

Hanab818
by Hana on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I do something that most people don't agree with. But I really don't care. When they have to care for a 10 months old that had 8 teeth cut the gums in a month I'd love to see how they deal. I use orajel when it's not that bad. There already also homeopathic drops we use. But at night if it's really bad. I mean like waking every 30 mins or so we rub widely on his gums. I think we've done it once or twice but it really helps when nothing else will.

Quoting KrissRenea:

Ive been letting her chomp on popsicles, I know some might disagree with that, but it seems to help a little at least. I have baby orajel, but it doesnt seem to do much. She has been drooling for 3 months and chewing on everything she can, but no teeth yet and she has gotten more cranky.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
clau1985
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Well i use baby orajel bc my babys pediatrician agreed. She also agreed with a little bit of honey oncthe gums.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)