Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Pregnant or just abnormal period?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM
  • 2 Replies

So, I am not on hormonal birth control. I keep track of my fertile days and ovulation schedule. My SO has had a decreased sex drive for 2 years, not sure if that's relevent. Last month, we had sex on one of my fertiles days, a couple days before ovulation. I had a period after that on time, normal. My cycle has been 21 days long for over a year. I was suppose to start last Thursday. Yesterday, I had some spotting..so, 5 days late. The first day of my period is usually very light so thought nothing of it. But, then today was very light this morning, too. Then by mid-day...nothing, clear discharge. Then, this evening very light spotting. My neighbor and I have been hanging out a lot and our cycles have gradually been changing to mimic each other's. Her period started yesterday, normally. Could this be pregnancy, even though I had a period last month after having sex and have spotted this week? Could it just be my cycle changing? Grrr....I'm fairly neutral to being prego or not. Just curious. I don't have extra money to spend on a test, if it's not necessary.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
huntin_mama
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Forgot to add that I have been very snacky and have some breast tenderness.

StarryRain
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I suggest peeing on a stick when in doubt. However, periods are finicky beasts and consistency is not their strong suit, no matter how long they seem to be routine. For no specific reason, you can have hiccups.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN