Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

You think he can get custody?

Posted by   + Show Post
My boyfriend is from Mexico. Hes been here for 20 Years and has 3 kids by his ex. She isn't able to take care of them and tonight she had called because she's in jail for a CDV charged toward her bf. can my bf which is the father get custody of his kids if he can prove she's an unfit mother. He wants custody and wants to take them home to Mexico the thing is he's illegal. Do u think it's possible to get the kids away from her?
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Replies (21-27):
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM
That's not an excuse. He broke the law by coming here illegally in the first place.

If he can't go through the process and pay the fees, then be should follow the law and go back to Mexico.

Quoting Page98:

Immigration works by category,

category=each country.

So say for example Mexicans will be able to apply from 2012-2013... Salvadoreans from 2013-2014 and so on.

PLUS the fees are ridiculous. My parents spent over 20k on EACH to become American Citizens, took them about 15 years.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

This.

Why hasn't he bother to get legal in 20 years?!?!

Quoting busymom64064:

I have no idea. I would think that they would deport him because he is illegal. Maybe he would have to go to mexico first and then try to get custody through a lawyer down there or something. however, he might have to explain why he has children in the U.S. in the first place.

I dont support illegal aliens in this country. if they cant get into the country the right way, they should not be here in the first place. Sorry, but this is just my honest opinion. This subjec tis a very heated debate so I will just shut my mouth before I ramble even more.

Good luck though

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sydjademom24
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:02 PM

It might be possible, but the second they found out (the legal system) that he was illegal they would deport him. I'm not sure how a custody case would go with him in Mexico and the children here. I don't know much about Mexican/American custody battles. If he was here legally, then I would say yes, no hesitation that he could do it. With him being illegal that changes alot. I have no idea if that will work without him being found out.

Page98
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Well... Im not sure what his case is, BUT i will tell you that when my parents migrated here it was due to a very war going out in their country. Their parents shipped them here to avoid having them murdered, which seemed to be the case.

As a mother I can understand. I would do ANYHTING, SERIOUSLY ANYTHING to keep my child unharmed- no matter what law I have to break.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

That's not an excuse. He broke the law by coming here illegally in the first place.

If he can't go through the process and pay the fees, then be should follow the law and go back to Mexico.

Quoting Page98:

category=each country.

So say for example Mexicans will be able to apply from 2012-2013... Salvadoreans from 2013-2014 and so on.

PLUS the fees are ridiculous. My parents spent over 20k on EACH to become American Citizens, took them about 15 years.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

This.

Quoting busymom64064:

I have no idea. I would think that they would deport him because he is illegal. Maybe he would have to go to mexico first and then try to get custody through a lawyer down there or something. however, he might have to explain why he has children in the U.S. in the first place.

I dont support illegal aliens in this country. if they cant get into the country the right way, they should not be here in the first place. Sorry, but this is just my honest opinion. This subjec tis a very heated debate so I will just shut my mouth before I ramble even more.

Good luck though

dobrd
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:07 PM

krystaal870, I would have to agree w/busymom64064 on this.. The kids will go to a relative or in Child protection.. Because of why she's in jail they won't be going back to her soon.. Take Care, Donna....

busymom64064
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I didnt know that. Congrats on your parents becoming citizens. At least they did it the correct way :-)

Quoting Page98:

category=each country.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

This.

Quoting busymom64064:

Good luck though

Page98
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Well they didn't come into the country legally, but they definitely worked and made it a goal to become Citizens. 

Quoting busymom64064:

I didnt know that. Congrats on your parents becoming citizens. At least they did it the correct way :-)

Quoting Page98:

category=each country.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

This.

Quoting busymom64064:

Good luck though

busymom64064
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Thats great that they made it a goal

Quoting Page98:

Well they didn't come into the country legally, but they definitely worked and made it a goal to become Citizens. 

Quoting busymom64064:

Quoting Page98:

category=each country.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

This.

Quoting busymom64064:

Good luck though

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)