Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Stuck in the house all day everyday!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM
  • 11 Replies
My dh works 10 hrs a day with a 45 min commute each way so he's gone all day. We only have one car so I am stuck at home with no car. Normally it's no big deal because My ds and i would walk to the park or to my moms but its to bitter cold it makes it so hard to get out and do anything. Like right now it's only 4 degrees outside. Being stuck in the house I'm starting to get moody and starting to feel a little depressed. I clean and lay around and watch TV everyday and its getting old fast! Anyone have any indoor activities that I can do with my 5 yr old? I'm not a very crafty person so I dont do well with crafts unless I have step by step directions. I've got to figure something out to keep busy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corkysunshine
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Pinterest.com :) them have lots of ideas from other moms
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
corkysunshine
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Also kiwicrate.com check it out

Quoting corkysunshine:

ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Fort building!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I know exactly how you feel. I was a SAHM for years with only one car that DH took to work. I actually became depressed and saw a doctor for it. I've learned a lot about depression and I can say that opening up the blinds and letting the sun in helps my mood tremendously. Thinking back when I was depressed I remember I always kept the blinds and curtains closed.

Also, music is something that can totally change your mood. It would help on days when I would actually put some on. 

Keeping busy and playing with your ds will help. Read, clean, indoor picnic, music, exercising (which is great to feel better), do your hair and make-up even if you are just staying in (it really helps to feel better about yourself). 

Thomasmom07
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Thank you I will have to check that out

Quoting corkysunshine:

Also kiwicrate.com check it out

Quoting corkysunshine:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Page98
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Work out! It will be boost your mood and keep you fit. PLUS it will keep your little one active (better sleep at night) and with so many choices out there for mama-child exercises... you really cant go wrong.

CheyennesMommy2
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Is he not in school?

We play games, clean, have school time(there only 3years & 20months old so I teach my 3yo while my 20 mo naps)..just hang out.

I dont mind being home all the time. Ive been a sahm for 3 years..i recently worked for a few months but it didnt work out. I love being at home!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thomasmom07
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:03 PM
He just turned 5 so he doesn't start till this next school year. I use to LOVE staying at home but we just moved from NC to UT and the change in the weather from being hot to bitter cold has really taken it tole on me. Plus we don't have many friends yet. We do some "school" time but he doesn't do well sitting still with me (he does well with others though)

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Is he not in school?

We play games, clean, have school time(there only 3years & 20months old so I teach my 3yo while my 20 mo naps)..just hang out.

I dont mind being home all the time. Ive been a sahm for 3 years..i recently worked for a few months but it didnt work out. I love being at home!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jambi10
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM
My dd likes to do yoga with me.
shadow_lark
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Build forts
Have a wrestling match
Build binoculars from tp rolls and bird watch
Bake cookies
Make rock candy
Make play dough
Read books
Re organize the house
Learn an instrument
make a volcano
Make a whirlpool
Make a snow globe
Plant an indoor veggie or herb garden
Paint /color/draw
Make wrapping paper for birthdays
Make candles
Make crayons
Learn to sew and make a super hero costume
Practice the alphabet and basic math
Make jello shapes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)