Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do for my sons 1st birthday?

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:31 PM
  • 6 Replies
I have just started to plan for my sons first birthday and don't really know what to do. I need some ideas activities for babies or something like that. Also, how many people do you really invite to a babies first birthday?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mrsbrand
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

We invited close friends and family. Her grandpa flew out, we had threeother families join us, so 5 other kids total (none were in her age range though) and 6 other adults total. We had little goody bags for each of the kids and kid food and grown up food. The adults did a lot of sitting around chatting and running after their kiddos. We did presents, then DD got her smash cake after she started in on it we plated cake for the kids and cake for the adults. 

The kid food was cheddar stuffed chicken breast bites (like nuggets, but they were home made and not as breaded)  and Home made meatballs in barbecue sauce.

We also had a chicken salad stuffed loaf of french bread, a spinash and artichoke three cheese bread (it was an italian loaf with the top cut into squares with a homemade artichoke spinach cheesy dip spread over it and into the cuts), and chicken breast enchilada type things. 

Vnzlamom
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Thanks that sounds simple. Only problem is close family alone is already 30 people. And that's without our close friends.
mama_bear77
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM
hmmm make it big lol it will already be big with all the relatives, plus his only a baby once and a toddler for a short time
ImNotKarl
by Karl on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

You could always just invite some family, make a big cake or cupcakes, and have a home party with goodie bags for the kids. Cooper did really need games or anything. He just wanted to play with toys and get attention from the people there. You can order a few pizzas, some kid kinds and some adult kinds, like cheese and then chicken bacon garlic. Have some music going low, and a place to sit and chat where parents can watch their kids. Get some cheap decorations, like balloons and streamers and then just let it mellow. Easy, low-stress, fun for the kids, a nice time for the adults to talk.

mrsbrand
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Well, Maybe you could do it at a park. Lots of room for the kids to run around and order pizza and have a cooler of juice and pop for the grown ups? With that many people I wouldn't be cooking anything myself. 

Quoting Vnzlamom:

Thanks that sounds simple. Only problem is close family alone is already 30 people. And that's without our close friends.

Vnzlamom
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Thanks for the advice ladies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)