Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

DAY CARE IS TOO EXPENSIVE!!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:03 PM
  • 59 Replies

i want to work so bad!! but i have two babies my son is 1 and a half and my daughter is 5 months (yes back to back :D) i would  love to work so me and my` fiance can afford OUR OWN PLACE, we currently live with my parents and its stressfull and frustrating. we need to move out but with one income its tough to do. Daycare for two babies is about 2000 a month!! any options on how i can make some extra money at home?? are theyre any mothers that work from home?? 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM

No help... My son is 3 months... I'm looking for a job so I can get out of the house and am willing to pay big bucks for daycare. Bump for advice.

NOLAmommaKRYS
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:16 AM
What if you only put them in part time?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommykm
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:37 AM
@NOLAmommaKRYS no help because the cost of them going to daycare is pretty much the same as me working so if i work part time then i make half the money but all of it regardless goes to a daycare its rediculous im thinking of maybe working at night
gunnermom615
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:56 AM
I think she meant that some daycares offer part time. You just have to ask around since its not normally done. The daycare I was looking at for my son offers parttime. It's just a little over half the normal cost.

Do you research online fbefore starting any at home work. So much of it is scams.

Quoting mommykm:

@NOLAmommaKRYS no help because the cost of them going to daycare is pretty much the same as me working so if i work part time then i make half the money but all of it regardless goes to a daycare its rediculous im thinking of maybe working at night

TexasWife
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:42 AM

I worked when my husband was home. We did the old switch a roo and tried to get at least one day off together.

smartmommy1050
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I am a single mom and experiencing the same problem. I have been nannying for families who let me bring my boys, but just recently quit for the family i was with because my car broke down and I was down to 12hrs per week or so, so i didn't have enough money to fix my car :( I am currently living with my mom but hoping to move out soon!
victoriangavin
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
You should check with daycares in the area, some allow you to have one child in the daycare for free if you work there, atleast some here do and that's the only way I'll get to work full time
mommykm
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Wow GREAT IDEA thats my only option work at a daycare!!! Yes il def try that! but do u think it will get complicated?? As in my kids will want to be with me all the time and run to me when tired or hungry and interfere with me watching other kids?? But i def like this il give it a try

Quoting victoriangavin:

You should check with daycares in the area, some allow you to have one child in the daycare for free if you work there, atleast some here do and that's the only way I'll get to work full time

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM

What about a stay at home mom looking for kids to watch?

victoriangavin
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
That may have to be explained to them and other day care workers with they're kids in the day care also can probably help alot with it. It will also give them a chance to socialize under your supervision. I prefer this method because I don't trust daycares so easily with all them stories I hear daily about something happening at daycares

Quoting mommykm:

Wow GREAT IDEA thats my only option work at a daycare!!! Yes il def try that! but do u think it will get complicated?? As in my kids will want to be with me all the time and run to me when tired or hungry and interfere with me watching other kids?? But i def like this il give it a try

Quoting victoriangavin:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN