Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Son starting daycare.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:47 AM
  • 7 Replies
As a working mom, my son is starting daycare next week and I'm so nervous. I don't know how he's going to react. Knowing me I'm probably going to cry. I know he'll be safe there but is still that feeling of uncertainty
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Unoriginal.
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:53 AM
3 moms liked this

He is going to pick up on whatever you're feeling, so fake it. Keep telling yourself that its so exciting and hes going to have so much fun.

And then cry in your car in the parking lot lol

At least, thats what I did.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Anything new is scary, especially for us mamas!  You'll probably hate it a lot more than him, he's going to love it.  :)

Quoting Vnzlamom:

As a working mom, my son is starting daycare next week and I'm so nervous. I don't know how he's going to react. Knowing me I'm probably going to cry. I know he'll be safe there but is still that feeling of uncertainty

inlovewithmy2
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

its definetly rough but just remember it will be good for him to interact with kids his age and he will just be that much more happy to see u when u come and get him!

Reina13
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

It is going to be hard for you, but you need to be strong. He will pick up on your emotions. If you cry or are having a hard time, he will too. Just smile at him and reassure him you will be back. It may take a few times but he will be fine.

TaralynnStewart
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I had the same issue when my now 10y/oDD started preschool at 3, but when I dropped her off she was so happy and ran right in. That helped, but it still hurt my heart to see her grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seraphimsong
by Ashley on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
It's very hard! I almost cried when my ds had to start daycare ( and I work there! ) it's just how it is. It does get easier with time!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
haydensmom4610
by Jess on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, it's probably going to be rough for a while. At least, for my DS is was. He started daycare for the first time last May. I had been a SAHM for 2 years before I went back to work. So, it was a first for both of us. He cried everytime for the first month. But the daycare teachers said he only cried for a minute. Now, he cries if he doesn't go! lol He absolutely loves it and it has been soooo good for him! Don't worry, Mama <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)