Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Breast feeding woes

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 7 Replies
How long did it take you breast feeding mamas to feel like you had the hang of it with no pain? My little guy is 3.5 weeks and I feel like we will never get the hang of this! Plus I got yeast on my boobs which has made it extra painful! Any advice or tips from you ladies? :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
funhappymom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM

It can take a little while. Are you on any kind of meds for the yeast?

MommieSDW
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:59 AM
About 6 weeks. Thrush sucks though, it hurts so badly :( have you treated it?
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM
It's going to get so much easier. At some point you'll get to the stage when bfing doesn't even take thought. Pretty soon there will be no pain.

Hang in there mama. You're almost through the worst of it. In a week or two it should start getting better, and before you know it you'll be pain free.
Krj1026
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I went through 3 or 4 infections through out the past 17 months, I have vein problems. Stick with it it's work it.
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:27 PM
It does get soooo much better! What are you using to treat the thrush? Is baby being treated for it too?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffani_qt2001
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I felt like it took me a looong time to get to the point where it didn't feel excrutiating! I almost threw in the towel several times. But once we got to that point, I was sooo happy i chose to BF. So much easier than waking up to make a bottle. But i think once I went back to work (4weeks or so) it was a lot better- but pumping started to really hurt too.

Journeysmama11
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I had thrush REALLY bad with my daughter. Then had it TWICE with my son (now 6 months). Luckily we caught the thrush early so no damage to my efforts to exclusively breastfeed were done! My dr at the time was not very educated on it and told me I only needed to treat my daughter...which is untrue. I ended up with HORRIBLE pain in my nipples and breast and even ended up with a Yeast infection since it spread through my body. This time when my son and I got it we both got treated right away! Boil EVERYTHING! paci's, pump parts, bottles/nipples, breast shields (if you used them) ANYTHING that touched you, baby's mouth, or your nippes. Also, change and clean nursing pads or bras frequently! The first few days before the anti-biotics kick in will hurt but you just push through I guess. :/ But it gets better! It took me about 2-3 months to feel like I was a pro at the whole breastfeeding thing. but don't get down! it's tough, breastfeeding is not for the weak! :D Good luck you can do it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN