Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Friends???

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

Most of my friends dont have kids and party way too much.... I like the party scene but i cant do that every weekend, being married and with kids. I just want to meet other 20 something moms who feel the same way. Im not boring, I just dont have the freedom to do what I want anymore. Besides, drinking at the house is way cheaper than going out every weekend! :))))

Not drinking now tho... waiting for baby to pop!!! 

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momsince04
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I hear ya, my hubbs and I don't go out, but last night we had some friends over and we had fun. I can't drink till I have the baby, but it was fun anyways.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bnzechmeister
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:52 PM

the other thing i dont like is that we dont have mutual friends..... I was friends with his friends wife but apparently im no longer good enough to hang out with her so theres really no one to kick it with when we want grown up time. Its gets frustrating at times esp. since I had too many friends before the kids and was hardly ever bored 

mama.farmer
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I know what you mean about the partying; with a 3 month old, and a 5 year old that I share with a jerk, I can't exactly take off partying. I never had many friends. I have more friends now that I'm a mom than I did as a single girl. 

adamssweetie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I agree. I have 3 kiddos and partying isn't my scene anymore. But I too like to have a good time at home. 

gizmo_mommy
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:07 AM

My thing is, I did all my partying in high school and once I graduated I had stopped. I also learned that when girls get pregnant they find out who their real friends are. I had to learn the hard way, I use to have tons of friends and once my best friend and I became pregnant a year apart we really learned who was there and who wasn't. It sucked cuz I was close with most of my friends, yet I also learned that some of my friend when they started having kids understood how it felt.

I feel you on not having anyone to spend grow up time with. I had to move away from my best friend cuz my dh got a promotion in another town, after we moved, I only met one other mom who I hang out with, and it took over a year to find someone who I could call a friend. And I would honestly rather drink at home then go out to a crowded bar or club. One it's cheaper, two it's safer and I can go to bed whenever I want and three I don't have to worry about finding a way home when drunk.

inlovewithmy2
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:14 AM

hello! my weekend nights usually consist of netflix and playing on my phone so i know where ur coming from! lol. its nice to get out every once in a while. congrats on the pregnancy! i am also new to cafemom

gabwest
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I totally feel you!! I am in the Same position with my friends as well!! We should become  friends!! hahahaha. But seriously, that  why I joined this group to meet 20 something moms that understand! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN