Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

baby shower gift ideas???

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM
  • 15 Replies

my dds godmother is having a baby shower in 2weeks and I want to get her something REALLY nice we are very close shes having a little girl and she's so excited! I' having a hard time thinking of what to get her, ideas please, what was the best baby shower gift you received!?!

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Does she have a registry?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lamommy23
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:15 AM

no she never set it up :/ and I want it to be a surprise so I don't just want to ask her what she wants

rmgriffberg
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:16 AM

diaper cake if she will be using disposables. you could then decorate it with girly hair bows, maybe a taggie blanket, baby sun glasses, etc.

T06T08T10
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I always put together a basket of stuff. People really love it and still talk about it long after the baby has arrived!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermarie23
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM

A friend gave me as a gift a diaper bag that was already packed with a few essentials, I thought that was really neat!  I also helped make a diaper cake once that was cute and you just incorporate baby things as decoration on it.

hplesha
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:22 AM
One gift i liked was.. i got a laundry basket and it was full with a thing of diapers, some wipes, an outfit, laundry detergent, a hat, some socks and a stuffy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erin708
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Buy her a photo session for newborn pics. Its always something people want but some can't afford.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emily0004
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM
A few things that I think are guaranteed to be used are baby blankets, burp cloths, baby socks and hats. If she is using disposable diapers, then diapers and wipes will also be very helpful.

One thing I'm especially happy to have received is my diaper bag that came with a changing mat. Oh, and my little baby bathtub with a newborn sling.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lamommy23
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I love the new born pics idea and the diaper bag too I really want to be able to get her something no one else will. my aunts always get together and make baskets lol! She did my baby shower when I was pregnant and she gave me an antique cradle, it was gorgeous and I want to do something just as special for her. 

TempestRayne
by Donna on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I never had enough onesies or socks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)