Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Hi I'm new here. But need some advice.

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have a four year old who will be starting school this year. when we ask him if he is ready to go to school and learn and make friends he say "no I'm not going to school" he is so serious when he say it to. How did you talk with your kids about going to school?
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
artistmom27
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I took my son to a preschool where there was visible play areas and showed the kids playing. I told him at school you make all of these new friends. I didn't tell him the classroom stuff, but he loves his school and loves his teacher.

AidenmandAlexaj
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Chances are, when he goes to the school and sees all the toys and stuff to do he will be fine. That's how my son was, and he started preschool at three... as soon as he saw the toys he was like "bye mom"

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:23 PM

When he gets to visit the school to register see if you can take him to meet the teacher, play on the playground, etc.  

Quoting Mamma-2boys:

I have a four year old who will be starting school this year. when we ask him if he is ready to go to school and learn and make friends he say "no I'm not going to school" he is so serious when he say it to. How did you talk with your kids about going to school?

midjet117
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:29 PM
My 2 older daughters are in 1st grade. I've verbalized that my 3 yr old starting school next yr. my 3 yr old has walked with me to drop off and pick up her sisters. so she's ready. she even tells ppl she's going to school. next yr.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mamma-2boys
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I may have to try that. My sons school that he will be attending is right down the street and very open so that you can see everything pretty much.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)