Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I seriously NEED some new friends!

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

My bestie had a party tonight for his boyfriends birthday. There was drinking but alot of our family was gonna be there, because my bestie is also my 1st cousin, so I went for a little while w/ my son & stepson.

When I was getting ready to go my bestie & his boyfriend were MAD! They asked if I was coming back after I put the kids to bed & I told them no I wanted to visit w/ my SO & go to bed because we have a busy day tomorrow & they kept trying to make me feel awful for not wanting to stay & drink w/ them.

I'm not sorry that I had to cook dinner, feed my kids, give them a bath & do their whole bedtime routine[sp] & I sure as hell didn't feel bad for wanting to see my SO because he leaves for work before I wake up & goes to bed early because he has to be to work early.

Ugh I needed to rant. But really I need some new friends who understand.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
blancavazquez
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I know exactly how you feel... =)

Megz_MO2
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
2 moms liked this
:-( Sorry to hear that. I understand because I'm somewhat in the same boat. I don't have any friends that are moms, so they can't really relate as to why I can't party all the time like I use to, or why I'm at home all the time, or why I have to be back at a certain time because my kids are on a schedule. Well, I live in Colorado but here to talk!
gizmo_mommy
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I'm here if you ever want to talk. I only have one friend who is a mom but I only see her when we take our kids to school. Other than that, my only other friends live to far and I can't see them as much as I use too. So I'm kinda in the same boat as you with wanting new friends who are moms. I'm Sacramento, CA but I'll be an ear if you need to vent.

crystal1213
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I feel the same way, I am in RI but always here to talk!!

LittleMissHope
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Thank you!! All of you!! It just bugs me that they wanted me to feel bad for being responsible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)