Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Family time ideas to get SO more excited?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM
  • 16 Replies

I want to spend more family time interacting. SO is a come home from work plop in front of tv and fall in and out of sleep till dinner then same after until bed. We have board games, wii, PS2, movie nights, etc. Just need some ideas of fun stuff to do at home (or outside in warmer weather) that will keep SO motivated. He agrees that we need to do more stuff like that, as well just can't get any ideas out of him.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BnAJsMommy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Mmm.... park, zoo, peter piper pizza? That sort of thing?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
huntin_mama
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM

What's peter piper pizza? 

Quoting BnAJsMommy:

ruby_jewel_04
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Family walks after dinner? Maybe assign a different activity every night? Try looking at groupon. Sometimes that have family actives for cheap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntin_mama
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

We do bike rides together in warmer weather sometimes. Right now our days are between -4 and 15 degrees so that's pretty much out of the question. I live in a very rural area so groupon doesn't have deals here :(

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

Family walks after dinner? Maybe assign a different activity every night? Try looking at groupon. Sometimes that have family actives for cheap.

BnAJsMommy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM
It's a pizza place, with games and such for the kids. I'm sure, if they don't have one where you're at they have something similar. Search Chuck E Cheese or Dave & Busters.

Quoting huntin_mama:

Quoting BnAJsMommy:

alohi
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Family walks are always a great family outting. Even just going out for dinner once and awhile is a nice change of pace.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntin_mama
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:43 AM

We dont even have a McDonald's. Wal mart is an hour and half away so, it's very rural..lol.

Quoting BnAJsMommy:

It's a pizza place, with games and such for the kids. I'm sure, if they don't have one where you're at they have something similar. Search Chuck E Cheese or Dave & Busters.

Quoting huntin_mama:

Quoting BnAJsMommy:

BnAJsMommy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Dang, been there. So you're looking more for things to do while it's cold, and you don't want to travel too far.

Quoting huntin_mama:

We dont even have a McDonald's. Wal mart is an hour and half away so, it's very rural..lol.

Quoting BnAJsMommy:

Quoting huntin_mama:

Quoting BnAJsMommy:

huntin_mama
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Yes...more stuff at home. There isn't much here. Bowling alley closed. There is ice skating outdoors though. Theater closed. It sucks when weather is bad. In warm weather there's tons to do outdoors.

Quoting BnAJsMommy:

Dang, been there. So you're looking more for things to do while it's cold, and you don't want to travel too far.

Quoting huntin_mama:

Quoting BnAJsMommy:

Quoting huntin_mama:

Quoting BnAJsMommy:

ruby_jewel_04
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Look up ideas on pintrest! :D

Quoting huntin_mama:

Quoting BnAJsMommy:

Quoting huntin_mama:

Quoting BnAJsMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)