Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Tell me your proposal story!

Posted by   + Show Post

I've recently been thinking aobut the multitude of ways a proposal can happen and how sweet some of them can be, so I want to hear yours!

My DH is in the Army, and at the time he was stationed in Korea. I knew it was coming but he had special things planned. One day at his mom's house, I Skyped him, and he watched as his mom and my DD brought out a beautiful dark cherry wood jewelry box, with music, and on the top was a mother-of-pearl design. The design was cranes, something I didn't realize until months later, and is sweet because our last name is Crane. My DD handed me the key to the lock, and when I opened it was the most GORGEOUS ring, and a letter. I read the letter, cried (inside it told me how he loved me, what he wanted for our future, and that in addition to loving me, he loved DD too), and then put on the ring. He told me he had wanted to record a video of him getting down on one knee in Korea and proposing to the camera, but the weather hadn't cooperated so he had to do it this way.

(If these aren't cranes, do NOT burst my bubble)

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Replies (21-26):
jazzylady88
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

dh asked my parents about the best restaurant and town, and told me he wanted to go somewhere nice for dinner and to dress up a bit..i thought nothin of it...halfway through dinner he got down on 1 knee and asked me to be his wife...i was so in shock i just smiled and he said "im not going to stay down here forever" in an embarassed way ..haha...i said "of course i will!" on the ride home he said he was soo excited he gave the waiter a huge tip! haha ...it was perfect!! 

.Funfetti.
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

It was at our daughter first birthday party. He took the microphone, and got down on one knee and said that the day would be more perfect if I was his wife. It was perfect. 

StarryRain
by Rain on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Me: We should just get married.
Him: Do you want to?
Me: Okay, let's do it.

Fin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CorrineW88
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this

My other half proposed to me this Christmas. It took me by surprise. I never expected it. We talked about getting married and he said he wanted to wait because he wanted to buy me a nice ring. Anyway's it was Christmas evening. I was sitting in the living room in a rocking chair playing with my art set I got for christmas. He tells me to put away my art set and I ask why. He disapears into our bedroom and comes out telling me our daughter is awake and I need to go get her. Of course I question why he couldnt get her. I gave in and got up to go get her and he stops me in front of our fireplace and tells me he lied about baby being up. He says he just needed me up. I'm a little irritated that he lied but then he gets on one knee smiles and asks me to marry him. I was in shock. My first words are "Are you serious?" After that I said yes and we kissed. It was the best christmas ever.

darlula
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this
How sweet!!

My DH was being suspicious around Christmas, and kept telling me he was going to Central City to gamble (of course I knew this was BS) and that he was only getting me socks for Christmas. Well, Christmas morning he hands me a box. There was silly toe socks on top, then regular socks, then a bunch of poker chips and playing cards.... and at the bottom a beautiful red wood jewelry box. He starts saying all the sweet stuff men say when they propose, and reveals the ring.... he had it custom made just for me (tungsten and silver bands with perfectly red rubies surrounding a black pearl) and proposed. It. Was. AWESOME.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Page98
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all.

He was an amazing man, so much that his work while on Earth still has a rippling positive effect on so many. =)

Im a lucky girl to have known him

Quoting mama.farmer:

I would "like"this....but it's sad. 

Quoting Page98:

My SO's proposal was in a hospital. lol.

He had the ring custom made in May while we were vacationing in Italy by a good friend of his- little did I know I conceived our DD during that trip. He was planning to propose in July for our anniversary, however shortly after returning to the states, he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The next couple of months were a roller coaster. He proposed in the hospital.

When they told him it was terminal and he had only a few months left, we married, had a honey moon and 2 months before I had DD he passed.

It wasnt the most romantic proposal, but it was love.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)