Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do any of you feel uncomfortable with your bodies?

Posted by   + Show Post
Ever since having the twins 7 years ago I've always feel uncomfortable with my self image especially during sex. With my current bf of 2 years I still can't feel comfortable around him naked. I still keep my shirt on during sex and it drives me crazy. And he gets annoyed and tells me that he doesn't care what I look like under clothes that I'm pretty to him. So therefor he's always on top! Only because I don't feel sexy and always think negative. How can I get out of that mood and just feel sexy? My ex used to put me down all the time about the way I look and I feel like that still has an impact on my relationships
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Replies (31-40):
claddison
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I absolutely do. I had a problem with anorexia when i was a teenager. I know I am not technically overweight for weighing 150 and being 5'7" but to me I am and I am currently starting on losing weight and toning up and getting down 125 where I feel more comfortable.
I hate for my hubby to see my naked and always have to have the lights off when we are having intimate time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2almost
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I used to feel that same way but over the past year I have been deathly ill and in/out of the hospital, many surgeries, etc.... This year i've decided that i'm going to love myself more so my husband can have a better wife and my two boys can have the best mother possible. I took life for granted before but now i'm blessed to have every day I get. Just over the past month and a half I have been so sick that I have lost 34 pounds! I feel and look amazing! I haven't felt this good in such a long time. I made a vow to stop being so hard on myself and to make myself believe my hubby when he tells me i'm beautiful. You get better as you get older. Sure, we may put on some weight but it is not the end of the world. I know it is hard to handle it if your unhappy with yourself but you have to love yourself. :-) Good luck hun!
islandgirl13760
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I had my little one three and a half months ago and I feel more self concious than I ever have. I used to always go to the gym and go running and was always in very good shape, but now that I have her I don't have time to workout. I think that pregnancy causes every woman to feel uncomfortable with their bodies whether it's during or after, but we have to remember that if a man really loves us, he'll be happy with the way we look. I have stretch marks on my belly and feel very uncomfortable with them, but I try not to focus on them too much. I'm sorry that you feel so uncomfortable with your body, but being a mother is a beautiful thing and I think that you should believe your bf when he said he doesn't care and just let loose when you're with him because he sees you in a completely different way than you see yourself.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Miss_Sheila:

i do only because i have a few stretch marks that i wish i could get rid of im thin 118lbs bt id feel akward wearing a bikini wit the few strerch marks i have.

I've always looked at the stretch marks like this:

I brought a human life into this world. Those marks are my reminder to keep life very precious. 

That there are some things that men just can't do. As often as us women are told that we are : the weaker sex. and that there are some things a woman can't do and shouldn't even try to do. 

While we still need sperm to have a baby, men can't do anything else towards that goal. 

Plus, they are our warrior marks. < Pregnancy can be hell, and delivery can be hell. Why not be proud of being a mom enough to include not worrying about or even being proud of those marks?

Oh and there are products out there that actually seem to minimize the noticablity of those marks as well. I just can't seem to think of the name of any right now

Dippydoomomof2
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Yup. I got stretch marks after DD5. Worse stretch marks after DS who is almost 6 months. A c-section scar that required 20 staples. "Stab wounds" from my gallbladder removal. The list goes on and on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM

only my boobs. but not at all around SO and I wear 2x push up bras so it doesn't bother me in public. but if i could change anything i'd get a boob job.

other than that i'm very comfortable in my own skin and feel very sexy...even with the little bit of stretch marks on my tummy

TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM

ive felt uncomfy with my body ever since i was a child. still feel that way

lilbit53009
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

girl go for the bikini! i'm small (105) but have stretch marks too cause i gained 55lbs with my son all in my belly! i still rock a bikini. tanning my stomach really makes them almost un noticable to me. plus you'd be surprised. no one at the beach can see anything unless they're standing right in front of you. from anything outside of like 3 feet away they can't see your stretch marks!

Quoting Miss_Sheila:

i do only because i have a few stretch marks that i wish i could get rid of im thin 118lbs bt id feel akward wearing a bikini wit the few strerch marks i have.

AprilHaldy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I didn't read through all the replies, BUT remember we are ALWAYS our own worst critic! What needs to happens if confidence being built on the INSIDE then its spills outside.

I also have help for anyone with "loose skin" stretch marks, "frowny belly buttons", etc. just message me. And i've USED this stuff and have been in your shoes, so i know it works :)

April Haldy

Making people Healthy & Wealthy

www.JoinApril.com

Mamalovexo
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
i feel the same way,but im slowly geting over it..kinda lol, but dont feel embarressed like your bf said he dosnt care at all. just keep replaying his words in your head maybe that will help you to realize he really doesnt care. sometimes repeating stuff in your head can make thinks a reality plus you have to get rid of all thatt negativity your ex brought you and fill it with positivty, just think of all the great things your bf has said to you. Also having babies in my opinion makes you a true WOMEN! be proud of your body, your body at one point was a temple for your babies to grow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)