Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do any of you feel uncomfortable with your bodies?

Posted by   + Show Post
Ever since having the twins 7 years ago I've always feel uncomfortable with my self image especially during sex. With my current bf of 2 years I still can't feel comfortable around him naked. I still keep my shirt on during sex and it drives me crazy. And he gets annoyed and tells me that he doesn't care what I look like under clothes that I'm pretty to him. So therefor he's always on top! Only because I don't feel sexy and always think negative. How can I get out of that mood and just feel sexy? My ex used to put me down all the time about the way I look and I feel like that still has an impact on my relationships
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Replies (51-56):
abismommy25
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:39 PM
sweetie, I'm sure you look fine and probably better than I do. just to give you a little information. and sixth grade I was the size that I was supposed to be for my age, that summer I stayed with my Nana and I gain probably about 50 pounds. so up until I was a junior in high school I was probably anywhere from 40 to 60 pounds overweight. the end of my junior year I got really really sick and was in the hospital for a long time only on I.v's I was about 195 pounds when I went in and by the time I got out I was 130 pounds, so you can imagine how saggy my skin was from laying in a hospital bed for 97 days and being only on I.v's and losing all that weight. I was 18 at the time. by the time I was 20 I got down to about on 115 pounds, then I got pregnant with my daughter and by the time she was born I was back up to 180. by the time I daughter was 3 I'd gotten back down to about 120 pounds,bc of depression from my ex an not eating.... well now I've gotten back up to about 143 here within the past mm 5 month or so and I look like I'm about 5 or 6 months pregnant! everyone asked me on a constant basis if I'm pregnant I told him no I'm just getting fat and the reassuring me that I'm probably pregnant which I'm not. so I know how you feel about being naked around your man. I still wear shirt during sex and he always tells me that I look awesome and he doesn't care what I look like,he rubs my belly and plays with my fat and I hate it but I think it just makes us stronger because I really truly believe that he loves me for me and not the way that I look and that's what you really need to believe in dear. he mainly stays on top during sex because sometimes when we get going at it and I'm on top,sometimes my belly slap against his and I hate the way that it makes a noise.lol. I guess what helps me is that I just focused on the parts of my body that I do really like and thought about those more than the noise my stomach was making or the way that I look naked. I hope you get over the way you feel about your body if your man says he doesn't care what you look like he really doesn't care most men don't care what the person their with looks like if they truly care and love them.
mommaTishi
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:50 AM

I used to be very uncomfortable with my body because my exs put me down too...but truth is you gotta OWN it.Look in the mirror every day and say Im beautiful..Im Fabulous..Im Gorgous..and when you go places put on a little make up wear a cute outfit fix your hair even if your just running to walmart and after a while you will feel way better. but even after you feel better keep telling yourself that...and if you wanna keep something on during sex go buy some really sexy teddys or something...I promise you will start to feel better...keep your head up. ALL WOMEN ARE BEAUTIFUL...it takes a catipiller (SP) to turn into a BUTTERFLY:)

Patty24momof5
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this

hA! I HAD 5 KIDS IN 6 YRS TIME..I GOT STRETCH MARKS..I DID WORKOUT TO LOSE FAT % BUT STILL..NOTHING IS LIKE IT USED TO BE..BUT IT'S EITHER GET NAKED AND HAVE SEX OR DONT AND HAVE LAME SEX!!!! TRUST ME I AM GOING THROUGH A DIVORCE AND SINCE MY HUSBAND AND I SPLIT I WAS SOOO NERVOUS BECAUSE HE WAS USED TO MY BABY BELLY BUT NOONE ELSE.We split up 2 yrs ago but my divorce is still going onnnnn...sucks (lots of money on it.) DESPITE MY BABY BELLY HE STILL DOESNT WANT TO DIVORCE ME.HE WOULD ALWAYS SAY HE LOVED IT. NOW HE SAYS HE MISSES IT,LOL!)THOUGH HE WAS MEAN TO ME AT TIMES..PHYSICALLY THATS Y THE DIVORCE..BUT ANYWAY ...HIS RUDE WORDS WERENT MEANT HE WAS JUST BEING A PIECE OF YOU KNOW WHAT BECAUSE THAT'S ALL HE IS,IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ME ..IF SOME OTHER CHICK WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE HE'D HAVE DONE THE SAME THING. I KNOW IT CAUSE HE'S LESS INTERESTED NOW IN THESE CHICKS WHO LIKE HIM AND HAVE HAD NO KIDS.)

BUT ANYWAY THE FIRST GUY I WAS WITH AFTER MY HUSBAND N I SPLIT WAS A COUPLE YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME AND HAD NO KIDS.UMM IM LIKE WTH DO U WANT WITH ME ,LOL?!!!

WELL HE DIDNT MIND IT AT ALL HE LIKED ME A LOT.I SPLIT WITH HIM AND WELL HE STILL LIKES ME ,LOL!

THE 2ND GUY I WAS WITH DIDNT MIND EITHER ...HE WANTS TO MARRY ME AND SO DID THE 1ST GUY ...SO GUESS WHAT IT'S ALL IN YOUR OWN HEAD...LIKE MINE WAS...GET UP WORKOUT AND YOU WILL FEEL LIKE HAVING GREAT MOBILE  FRONTWARDS BACKWARDS SIDEWAYS COWGIRL SEX AGAIN!!!LIGHTS ON OR OFF!!!

ms.roxxiepink
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:52 AM
that is messed up that after 2 years u still think of ur ex and his negativity towards u and all women... maybe he was the one with the problem?? I think don't pressure ur self and in time u will feel more comfortable:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
scaudle
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Well to be quite honest I am a beachbody coach and I work with lots of people wanting to make changes in their life. I swear by beachbody because its changed my life so much! So if you want me to personally coach you then feel free to email me! Actually really anyone can! It would be cool to have a group of us for motivation and Support! My email is sharlacaudle@beachbodycoach.com It feels so great helping other moms who are in the same boat that I was in after my boys were born. I love giving back to others, and since I know how you feel maybe I can even just offer emotional support if your not the workout typ lol! but really email me, and together we will get your body back so that you feel great! As moms we are tired and most of the time overwhelmed. I feel lucky to have the ability and time to remember to do the most simple things like flossing my teeth. Anything extra helps, and our bodies shouldn't be whats making us feel bad about ourselves.

krystaal870
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Sometimes I just rather be alone. I mean I don't look bad it's just my tummy so I just need to suck it up and do something instead of making excuses all the time. That's why I used to work out until I got my newbie and he appreciated me more. But after gaining some weight I've become stressed about my looks. I need to think positive and remember that's why my kids father is my ex!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN