Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Implanon?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM
  • 38 Replies

Does anyone have it? Has anyone heard any good/bad things about it?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsLondon
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Bump! I'm curious too.

KrissRenea
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I have it, I've had it for about 6 months, and I'm not happy with it at all. I just want to know if what I am experiencing is common or not. Heavy bleeding for about 2 weeks, spotting the other 2 weeks a month. Cramping bad, migraines. I'm an emotional roller coaster as well. I'm really just not happy with it.

Quoting MrsLondon:

Bump! I'm curious too.

MrsLondon
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM

When I was on depo I spotted nonstop! Very moody. No sex drive. It sucked butt!! There are no long term methods of bc that work for me. I can't do the IUD's because I'm too sensitive. This stinks. I was on the pill but it has side effects too. Dh would rather we just plan the natural way.

Quoting KrissRenea:

I have it, I've had it for about 6 months, and I'm not happy with it at all. I just want to know if what I am experiencing is common or not. Heavy bleeding for about 2 weeks, spotting the other 2 weeks a month. Cramping bad, migraines. I'm an emotional roller coaster as well. I'm really just not happy with it.

Quoting MrsLondon:

Bump! I'm curious too.

KrissRenea
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:42 PM

This is so bad that I'm considering paying the 400+ bill to get it removed. Its great in the way that I can't get pregnant, but I can't handle the side effects much longer.

Quoting MrsLondon:

When I was on depo I spotted nonstop! Very moody. No sex drive. It sucked butt!! There are no long term methods of bc that work for me. I can't do the IUD's because I'm too sensitive. This stinks. I was on the pill but it has side effects too. Dh would rather we just plan the natural way.

Quoting KrissRenea:

Quoting MrsLondon:

Bump! I'm curious too.

MrsLondon
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM

OMG $400?????!!!!!!! Geesh!! That's nuts!

KrissRenea
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Tell me about it! And that's on the low end. Since it's considered minor surgery. It's like a matchstick sized thing stuck in my arm.

Quoting MrsLondon:

MrsLondon
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Yeah. When my ob showed that to me as an option it weirded me out that it would be in my arm for 3 yrs. Sorry it isn't working out. Are you thinking of having more kids in the future?

Quoting KrissRenea:

Tell me about it! And that's on the low end. Since it's considered minor surgery. It's like a matchstick sized thing stuck in my arm.

Quoting MrsLondon:

nikkiJ86
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I am supposed to be getting it next month. But now you are scaring me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KrissRenea
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I am. I would idealy like 4 total. I'm half way there lol. I know I'm not ready for more though right now, that's why the implanon appealed to me.

Quoting MrsLondon:

Yeah. When my ob showed that to me as an option it weirded me out that it would be in my arm for 3 yrs. Sorry it isn't working out. Are you thinking of having more kids in the future?

Quoting KrissRenea:

Quoting MrsLondon:

KrissRenea
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I honestly would reconsider. I don't mean to scare you. After I posted here I started doing some research and found out a lot of women go through the same things as me. My doctor said the most common reason for women to get off of this is heavy bleeding, but that's it. She didn't mention any other side effects, neither did the info packet she gave me.

Quoting nikkiJ86:

I am supposed to be getting it next month. But now you are scaring me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)