Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Does anyone have it? Has anyone heard any good/bad things about it?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Replies (31-38):
MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Question for you...I just had my Nexplanon put in a week ago....I haven't had any bleeding yet and from what I've seen and been told most women have lots of random bleeding.  When did your bleeding start?  Right away or after some time?  I'm wondering if I will be one of the lucky ones or if it takes a while for the bleeding to start up.

Quoting KrissRenea:

I have it, I've had it for about 6 months, and I'm not happy with it at all. I just want to know if what I am experiencing is common or not. Heavy bleeding for about 2 weeks, spotting the other 2 weeks a month. Cramping bad, migraines. I'm an emotional roller coaster as well. I'm really just not happy with it.

Quoting MrsLondon:

Bump! I'm curious too.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

KanPsMommy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I had it. Hated it and had it removed for these reasons. I'd bleed for a month then nothing for two months. I was put on Prozac cause of how bad it affected my moods.

Quoting KrissRenea:

I have it, I've had it for about 6 months, and I'm not happy with it at all. I just want to know if what I am experiencing is common or not. Heavy bleeding for about 2 weeks, spotting the other 2 weeks a month. Cramping bad, migraines. I'm an emotional roller coaster as well. I'm really just not happy with it.

Quoting MrsLondon:

Bump! I'm curious too.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KrissRenea
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I had a regular period for the first month or two, then I was all messed up. I noticed the mood changes first. Then the ridiculous bleeding.

Quoting MMerrill:

Question for you...I just had my Nexplanon put in a week ago....I haven't had any bleeding yet and from what I've seen and been told most women have lots of random bleeding.  When did your bleeding start?  Right away or after some time?  I'm wondering if I will be one of the lucky ones or if it takes a while for the bleeding to start up.

Quoting KrissRenea:

Quoting MrsLondon:

Bump! I'm curious too.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:09 PM

How many weeks did it take you to get your first period?  The only side effects I've noticed so far is my face get's really hot and flushed every time I lay down...like mini hot flashes.  I hate it.

Quoting KrissRenea:

I had a regular period for the first month or two, then I was all messed up. I noticed the mood changes first. Then the ridiculous bleeding.

Quoting MMerrill:

Quoting KrissRenea:

Quoting MrsLondon:

Bump! I'm curious too.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

KrissRenea
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:30 PM
It was probably three to five weeks in. My period started getting a little heavier and lasted about a day or two longer each month. Then just exploded by the second to third month

Quoting MMerrill:

How many weeks did it take you to get your first period?  The only side effects I've noticed so far is my face get's really hot and flushed every time I lay down...like mini hot flashes.  I hate it.

Quoting KrissRenea:

Quoting MMerrill:

Quoting KrissRenea:

Quoting MrsLondon:

Bump! I'm curious too.

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had mine for 5 months now. Had a period or spotting about month after I had it in. For like 7-8 days. Little bit longer than my period. But nothing since then besides the spotting I had after I had ovarian cyst removed and a biopsy of my uterus right before Christmas. But nothing since.

No new Wright gain for me. This type of BC like depo too. I can keep my weight off. The pill. I ballooned up 10# after 5 months. Got back on depo I lost it. So it depends on the woman. I love it. In fact I have been able to lose a couple lbs in the last couple weeks with watching what I eat. How much I eat and moving more.

So really it depends on you. Just like pregnancy. Every one of them is different. I am going to keep it in to hopefully help with no new cysts.
Qweenbeemommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I have it and have not had any negative side effects. I may be one of the lucky ones but that is my experience. Only thing is that there is a TINY mark where it was inserted, but not having to worry about bc for 3 years is definitely a plus.
G.Ruiz22
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:03 AM

That little pink thing is my implanon after I got it taken out! I hated it :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)