Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What’s wrong with him!!!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

My hubby is 7 years older than me (he’s 33) and he acts like a little kid its so ridicules I just don’t know what to do he and I both work the same hours but by the time we get home he’s just too tired to help with anything so he takes a nap while I do all the work make dinner and make sure my little one is staying out of trouble stay on top of laundry and cleaning the house. And how convenient dinner time comes around he’s awake and eats dinner and then to make it even better he stays up all night playing video games it drives me nuts and then he falls asleep out in the living room and wakes up in the middle of the morning to come to bed the other night he stayed up all night playing and then passed out and didn’t come to bed till 5am yup 5 am I get up at 6am. It’s so frustrations I don’t know what to do and every time I try and bring it up he gets a butt hurt and poor me this and your always picking on me ahhh so silly what do I do

going crazy

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ameretto13
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Unplugged all electronics at night and take the cords! Or just cut the cords... It seriously sounds like DH needs a reality check. Have you talked to family members on his side of the family? And what kind of games is he playing? If its COD break the disc and come up and a list of household needs, repairs, bills, vehical needs (replacing wipers, tires, fluids, etc) and keep going. Do this for a few months and get him into a regular routine. I had to do this with my husband... The reason behind the needs and bills is to prevent him from replacing the game(s). Not having "extra" money for him to buy a new game with helps. Start buying clothes for the little one(s) for the next season, and in the next few sizes. Do the same with shoes. Replace old, worn out shoes, pants, shirts. Buy all new undies/socks for the family. Use your sexuality and gender to your advantage, tire him out in the bedroom. But make sure you do these things while he isn't around. Start a new regiment in the house. Game time is at 4pm until dinner. You decide to nap, no game time, you don't come to dinner you don't eat and take the cords to whatever system he's using, ps, xbox, pc, whatever. he wants to behave like an irresponsible child treat him like one, but do it with caution. I would really talk to a professional before taking any steps... I talked to a few, getting the same answers, before taking any steps to readjusting his schedule to involve his family. We've gone most of a year with him only playing for a couple of hours a day, when a friend came over with their console, and because he was limited on his internet and console times he's been much more involved with me, the boys and our dd. 

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Wow...sounds like you married a man child. Lol Not sure what to tell you. He needs to man up for sure though!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilovejdes
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg my hubby is 10 years older than me and used to act like that when we first had my son. What I did is I took an extra day off work, didn't push myself to clean and cook especially on days where I got home from work and it was hell. Do those things when you can, and try to find time where you can do things for yourself, take a day and go to the mall and make him stay with your child/children so that you can get a break. I used to try and do things out of the house so he can do his stuff at home and we don't have to sit there and nag each other. If you guys are picking on each other, maybe you 2 just need time away from each other to cool off. It's hard being a mom compared to being a dad. We sacrifice a lot of things (I know dads do too but we sacrifice a lot more) and sometimes we just need a break from all of the stuff going on in our lives. Plus, don't feel obligated to do everything, if he sees that you don't feel good or aren't cleaning/cooking he'll need to start helping eventually or it won't get done. Just remember now one can make you do anything, you are a grown woman and can make your own decisions on what to do or not to do. Stay strong, when you start ignoring him and stop cleaning up after him like a child he will notice and then hopefully reality will hit him :) good luck n god bless
mommyof11050307
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Get a blow horn and use it when he's napping. I would go ape shit on myhusband of he ever acted like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexislovesjr
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Aww I am sorry! You need to sit and have a serious conversation or counseling! My hubby is not the best helper but does most of what I ask. He hates video games and we always go to bed together (except for when the "Spurs" play a late game). Alot of my friends have had to have marriage counseling because of video game addiction. It is a big cause of divorce now days. I couldnt imagine dealing with that! ((hugs)) Good luck!!!

Gastromama2007
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Must be a 33 years old thing. Mines 33 and he sucks at life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElliesMommyy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Oh no :(

I'm so sorry! You just HAVE to put your foot down, that is totally ridiculous!

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Thats pathetic.

I would give him an ultimatum. Either he does the work 50/50 with you, or I'd kick his ass
To the curb.

What a loser...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)