Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

He stopped sleeping in his own bed!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:35 PM
  • 2 Replies
Hey everyone... I have a question. My 23 month old was doing JUST fine going to sleep in his own room from 18 months on, then I found out I was pregnant... At about 8 weeks pregnant he started fighting us to stay in his room for bedtime and naptime. We can either put him back in his bed for an hour or longer, or let him fall asleep in our bed and it take 5 mins... Once he is asleep, we put him in his bed and we don't see him til 6-7am where he joins is in our bed til about 8, then we all wake up. But ok... So my question is... How can I change this behavior before the baby comes and it not unfold again once the baby is here (I'm 16 wks pregnant now) I really don't mind co sleeping, and my husband and I are getting a free king bed and just figured why not put the king bed next to our queen so we have a HUGE bed since toddlers move a lot in their sleep. But I don't feel safe having my (will be) 2.5 year old in the bed with a newborn.

My son doesn't have any health or medical issues... Well, maybe a nice healthy attachment to me :P but still... He slept in his own twin bed for MONTHS before this turn around.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
zoeymama2012
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:42 PM

He probably feels that there is something going on and doesn't understand. My daughter went from sleeping by herself to sleeping with us for no reason, other than she wont sleep in her crib. We have put a mattress on the floor beside our bed & she sleeps there now. Slowly I'm going to put her mattress back into her room. I think its just a "needs to be close" phase. 

Lifeofpaine
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM
My husband was thinking about moving his bed. And not make our bed huge. And we were doing the super nanny way.... 1.5-2 hours later and he is STILL getting up.... It's ridiculous. He doesn't mind sleeping in his own room... It's falling asleep there. But this past week he has woken up around 3-5am SCREAMING bloody murder, when I run in to see what's wrong, he stops once he is in my arms. I guess I'll try having his bed in our room. That way when the baby comes he will still be in his own bed and I don't have to worry about the baby getting hurt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)