Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

High School Reunion

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 30 Replies
Last night I received a message on FB that I was added on my school's group for the reunion to be planned.

It's going to be fun! ... But at the same time I don't know. I had friends in HS but none I am still close with today. I really dread the cliques...

Did you have your reunion yet? How did it go?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RheaF
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I have no desire to go to mine. I kept in touch with those who I wanted to keep in touch with and don't really care about the rest,lol.

Mazi184
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:22 AM
I'd want to go bc I'm nosy and wanna see how everyone turned out lol. Plus I had a great high school experience so nothing to really dread for me.
catherine_b
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I admit I am nosy too :)

Quoting Mazi184:

I'd want to go bc I'm nosy and wanna see how everyone turned out lol. Plus I had a great high school experience so nothing to really dread for me.

deputygirls28
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Nope and don't want to go anyways. Most of high school was a very bad blur anyways and I still keep in touch with the people I wanted to. Plus, it's a small town, most that graduated with me are still around anyways
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I had my ten year renion about a year and a half ago. I really really didn't want to go but my family was telling me to go and that I might just make some new friends. So I went, had an extreemly fake conversation with my ex best friend who I hadn't spoken to in probably 15 years. And had some food and left. I hated every mintue of it. I will never go to another one again!
erin708
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I didn't go to my 10 yr last yr. It was $80pp and it included a buffet and open bar. I was pregnant so couldn't see spending 80 bucks on a buffet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I had the same thing happen, lol! I got the "Michelle has added you to the _____ High School class of 2003" group. I was like "Holy hell! We've been out of school 10 years?! Seriously?!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Exactly this. I wasn't willing to pay 100 dollars a couple to be fake nice to people who used to treat me like crap.

Quoting RheaF:

I have no desire to go to mine. I kept in touch with those who I wanted to keep in touch with and don't really care about the rest,lol.

claddison
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM

had my 10 year reunion about a year and a half ago and i didn't go either.  the only friends i had in HS i am still friends with and keep in touch with so i didn't see the point.  plus it was something so thrown together last minute that they had it at a bar that one of my fellow classmates works at and only 25 people went out of almost 300.  lol.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I would have loved to go to one but my school didn't have one. My ten year was last year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)