Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Surprising my cousin..

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:35 AM
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this
When we get our income tax back we will be taking her and her baby's father who we love btw to get them baby stuff. She is due a month before us and they are having a really hard time right now. Hr had a job but lost it and has been looking. So I'm thinking we will give the 500 to get them a car seat and stroller and baby clothes and maybe a swing for the little one.

We are gonna take them out to lunch and then surprise then with taking them. I can't wait to do this. She lost her mom a few years back and I know how it feels not to have your mom there for your first baby. I know I'm just a cousin but I want to be there for her.
We are the same age she is only 3 days older.

We are also letting her come and go through our closets to see what they want since we have a ton of unused stuff. And we are giving then a pretty much brand new changing table and I'm making them dinner. Hope they like it all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aleatra.r
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow!! You guys are extremely generous! I wish there were more people like you in the world today lol
bbyblueAK
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:39 AM
2 moms liked this

She will love it. I wish i had family like you. Just someone i can count on or hang out with. You should tell us how it goes. And their reactions

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Thank you. We love helping people. For Christmas we bought one of dhs coworkers son Christmas gifts cause they couldn't afford to. We just hate seeing someone in need.

Quoting aleatra.r:

Wow!! You guys are extremely generous! I wish there were more people like you in the world today lol
amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM
I will make sure to update. And if you ever need someone to vent to I'm here. I know I'm not family but everyone needs someone to talk to. :)

Quoting bbyblueAK:

She will love it. I wish i had family like you. Just someone i can count on or hang out with. You should tell us how it goes. And their reactions

bbyblueAK
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Thanks

Quoting amy1will:

I will make sure to update. And if you ever need someone to vent to I'm here. I know I'm not family but everyone needs someone to talk to. :)

Quoting bbyblueAK:

StarryRain
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
This just further justified my girl crush on you.
amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Hehe :)

Quoting StarryRain:

This just further justified my girl crush on you.
Allebas
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh OP!! Your post made me tear up!! What a sweet and thoughtful thing to do for your cousin! I could NOT imagine not having my mom when I had my first baby!! My mom was in the labor and delivery room with DH and I!!

I am done having children, and a dear friend of mine--her DD and SIL are both in college and of course, don't have a lot of money. They had a son. Then found out they were having a GIRL! Obviously, they weren't going to dress their DD in their son's clothes! I gave a TON of barely-used baby girl clothes to my friend to give to her DD! A LOT of the items had either been worn only a few times, or not at all! There were 2 large black garbage bags full of clothes that I gave to her! She was so thankful and it made me feel so good to know I was helping someone who really needed the help!

I'm SURE your cousin and her husband will be very surprised, happy and grateful for your generosity! Please come back and post their reaction! I would LOVE to hear how this all ends!! HUGS TO YOU!!

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
That's really nice of you. :)
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
How nice!! She will love it! What a wonderful person you are!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN