Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

*gasp* they are still alive?!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this
My children! Hell, even my dog!!! They are all still alive and I don't know how! I mean, I'm such an irresponsible mother! I let my children be children! I let them live and have fun! I just don't understand how they have made it to 6 and 7 1/2 years of age without there having been child locks on everything in my house and me not having my head up their asses 24/7! Somebody please explain this mystery to me? I never once went above and beyond as a mother.... This just doesn't make sense?!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:24 PM
We should investigate this thoroughly!

I have a 8 year old, 7 year old, and 4 year old. Also have raised my sisters 5 year old, 4 year old, and 2 year old. How ever are they are still alive after my "horribly irresponsible" parenting?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:27 PM

IDK how my kids made it either...Oh well, I am too busy NOT being a parent. ;)

miller060905
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:27 PM
*gasp*

The gods must be looking out for you!!! Surely nothing YOU did has kept those children alive and well all this time!

Quoting ambermarie2006:

I have a 8 year old, 7 year old, and 4 year old. Also have raised my sisters 5 year old, 4 year old, and 2 year old. How ever are they are still alive after my "horribly irresponsible" parenting?
TexasWife
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM

sorry. I had to put down my magazine. I mean they are sleep so I am allowed to read it.

Unoriginal.
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Oh no!! My kid is almost 9 and I had 2 step kids. They've all survived my horrible parenting.

I use real cleaners! Keep them under the sink! No child locks! I let them play outside barefooted! I take medication every day and I leave the bottles on the coffee table!

Is cps gonna come? Will I have to take parenting classes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miller060905
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Bahahaaaa ! As am I! I'm not sure why I even asked really, I don't truly have the time or energy to look into such matters! Ill just keep doing what I'm doing and hope they make it another few years, seems to be working so far...

Quoting PeaceMuch:

IDK how my kids made it either...Oh well, I am too busy NOT being a parent. ;)

mom2twins9909
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM

MY life is perfecttttttttt! I'm perfect!!!

KanPsMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I have child locks on the cabinets that have cleaning supplies under it and the drawer with knives in it.. Anything else the kids are allowed to pull out/crawl in/jump on lol

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:32 PM
*gasp* How dare you not be up your kid's ass 24/7! I'll bet you didn't even bother to co-sleep either! ;) lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Of course not ;)

I think learning by mistake is the best way for a kid to learn. My son always runs down the stairs even after 100 million times of telling him not to. One day he tripped near the bottom and fell down the stairs...he no longer runs. I could have helicoptered and put gates up on the stairs, but when he know the consequences of his actions?

Quoting miller060905:

*gasp*

The gods must be looking out for you!!! Surely nothing YOU did has kept those children alive and well all this time!

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)