Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like the baby has stopped kicking as much?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 18 Replies

So I'm 23 weeks along today, and from about 19 weeks on I felt her kicking A LOT. And sometimes, her kicks would be so hard that it would make me jump. But now, I've noticed during the last 2 days that I don't feel her kick as often nor as hard...it really has me freaked out.

Has this happened to any of you? Should I be worried?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeninaBallerina
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Perhaps she has changed position and you can't feel it as intensely? Have you changed anything about your eating habits or how active you are? In any event if it is scaring you you should consult your doctor. 

CrimsonGrace
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Lay down and relax and do kick counts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
My OBGYN has always told me that if the baby has stopped kicking as much to call and let them know and that they would want to see me ASAP just to make sure everything is okay. I don't want to scare you but I had a friend that was a week from her due date and her son hadn't been kicking as much for the past week and she waited until her Doctor's appointment to tell them. She delivered her still born baby boy the next day. They could have saved him if she had contacted her OBGYN when she first noticed the kicking not as much. He had tied knots in his cord and throughout the week tightened them. Call your OBGYN just in case.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nverheyn2011
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM

consult your doctor just in case. a baby who isn't kicking as actively, or at all, def needs some doctor attention.

brebugmom91
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM
When I was pregnant my kids would kick like crazy for three days, and then barely for two. Babies in the womb get sleepy too. If you're worried call your doc. He can do an ultrasound.
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Same here. Dd will be here monday and shes not moving as much amymore.
aidyns_mommy
by Morgan on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I don't think saying if she would have called he would have been saved is fair. You never know exactly what would have happened. I feel so bad for her :(

Quoting krystyneh:

My OBGYN has always told me that if the baby has stopped kicking as much to call and let them know and that they would want to see me ASAP just to make sure everything is okay. I don't want to scare you but I had a friend that was a week from her due date and her son hadn't been kicking as much for the past week and she waited until her Doctor's appointment to tell them. She delivered her still born baby boy the next day. They could have saved him if she had contacted her OBGYN when she first noticed the kicking not as much. He had tied knots in his cord and throughout the week tightened them. Call your OBGYN just in case.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Id call your doc op. Like now. Better safe than sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hippie.Gypsy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I would be a little worried and have my midwife (or doctor) check things out.

When I was pregnant with DS, I felt a drop in his movements when I was stressed or anxious, but it always came back and never stopped completely. But when I got close to labor/delivery, it felt like he completely stopped moving around/kicking.

OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I was told to do kick counts. To dink something cold, lay in a quiet room and baby should kick 6 times in 1 hour or 10 times in 2 hours. I was told to call right away if I felt something was off.
If you're worried call your ob. They're there to help you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)