Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Venting time

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:43 PM
  • 8 Replies
I have two nephews one is four years old and the other is 2 years old. I find the four year old soo annoying and he gets on my nerves. the 2 year old not so much or maybe not yet who knows anywho that child is so spoiled beyond repair im feel bad for my sister in law who is pregnant with another boy cause her child will do anything for attention. He was playing with my other nephew with a ball and his mom was playing wit my son on a bouncer and next thing i knew he almost kick my son in the head with the stupid ball -.- am i the only one who gets annoyed by other people children?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Aydnsmommy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Does he have any special needs? Not trying to sound mean at all, but soon you will be on the other side of the fence with your child being the annoying one, so maybe try not to judge. Attention seeking is normal for a 4 year old. And you have to consider he may not get much attention with 2 younger brothers. Plus that is a parenting fail. Not a child fail. It is the parents' responsibility to recgonize and correct a behavior before it gets out of control. But some things are just plain accidents. My 4 year old dosen't always realize when he is being too rowdy and playing too rough. I have to tell him. If his mom was too busy paying attention to your kid to realize hers needed her attention, then that is not the kids fault.
He is just 4.
But to answer your question, no kids do not really annoy me. It is the parents that do not teach their kids the right way to act that do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MyahsMom
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:11 AM
I agree with this. It's easy when your baby is little and cute to think about all the things your child will "never do." And maybe you'll get that unbelievably perfect child. But more likely, someday you too will go visit a new mom and her new baby, and your high energy little boy will accidentally smack the baby in the face with a ball. And after the new mom gives you that appalling look as she quickly holds her baby so tight to be sure and protect him from the monsters. You too can throw the, "Oh you just wait" look right back.

Quoting Aydnsmommy:

Does he have any special needs? Not trying to sound mean at all, but soon you will be on the other side of the fence with your child being the annoying one, so maybe try not to judge. Attention seeking is normal for a 4 year old. And you have to consider he may not get much attention with 2 younger brothers. Plus that is a parenting fail. Not a child fail. It is the parents' responsibility to recgonize and correct a behavior before it gets out of control. But some things are just plain accidents. My 4 year old dosen't always realize when he is being too rowdy and playing too rough. I have to tell him. If his mom was too busy paying attention to your kid to realize hers needed her attention, then that is not the kids fault.

He is just 4.

But to answer your question, no kids do not really annoy me. It is the parents that do not teach their kids the right way to act that do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:22 AM
No, I love kids! I always have them around me. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Meh, they're 2 and 4. Those are kind of jerky ages for kids anyway, but it is harder to deal with other people's kids sometimes when they're going through those less fun stages of development.

proudmama11212
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM
They are not brothers there are cousins and no he doesnt have special needs i have no complain about the 2 year old its just the 4 year old well at times he can be torelate and fun but lately i think ever since we found out what his mom is having he is being more mischief alot so maybe thats it and no he knows he does it on purpose i told me after that happened that no one loves my son as much as they love him wtf? I didnt tell his mom since she does have a temper and she pregnant but seriously that pissed me off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deya211
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:28 PM

MY DAUGHTER DOES THE SAME THING.WHEN ATTENTION IS OFF OF HER SHE DOES THE MOST OUTRAGIOUS CRAP. THEY GROW OUT OF IT THOUGH :)

proudmama11212
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I do hope so lol

Quoting deya211:

MY DAUGHTER DOES THE SAME THING.WHEN ATTENTION IS OFF OF HER SHE DOES THE MOST OUTRAGIOUS CRAP. THEY GROW OUT OF IT THOUGH :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elizabeth.mary
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

It's very rare that I like other peoples children.

My own 5 year old drives me quite nuts. Our personalities clash. I'm chill and laid back while he's constantly bouncing off the walls, talking nonstop, etc. He's just a kid but sometimes I have to make him go outside or play in his room, because he can be too much. I love him to death, but I wish he could just chill out sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)