Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

HELP! Mirena for 2.5yrs and a NONEXISTANT sex drive!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:09 PM
  • 10 Replies

HI everyone.
I'm 23 years old and have a wonderful little boy who will be 3 on February 1st.  My mirena was placed about 6 months after he was born..At first it was wonderful and I had no issues..I am not currently with my babies father but have been in another relationship with my 'highschool sweetheart" for about a year now.  Only problem, I have no sex drive whatsoever and feel like I am pushing him away.  I am attracted to him but its gotten to the point where I don't want any type of intimacy.  

Has anyone else had this problem?..Any suggestions?! 

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
funhappymom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Hi-Welcome to the group. Low sex drive can be a side effect of BC. Have you considered having it removed and trying another form? Or maybe talking to your doctor about your low sex drive? Maybe he/she can suggest something to help.

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Talk to your Doc maybe?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Reina13
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:02 AM

From what I understand a low sex drive is an effect of birth control. Definitely talk to your doctor about it and see about maybe another form of birth control.

Good luck

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

huntmom1104
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I honestly thought i was the only one who had that problem with mirena ...i had no drive no matter what he tried...My doctor said it was time to try spicing things up which ive always been a real shy person when it came to the things she was talking about ... She was saying to have him bring food in the bedroom or whips toys things like that ..  Anything you think would turn you on have him try and just relax when your relaxed its amazing what could happen.. mirena is the only birth control i have ever had such low sex drive with... i hope everything works out for you tho :) gl

jordynlee18
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I've talked to my doctor and she insists that the bc is not the problem.  I've tried the pill and it makes me sick, no matter what kind it is..And lets be honest with a 3 year old, I'm lucky if I remember to brush my teeth everyday..I like Mirena because I don't have to worry about it, but I want my sex drive back..We used to have great sex and I just don't know what happened.  I thought about getting it removed but I don't want anymore children right now or maybe not ever(I'm not sure..) So it seems like Mirena is my only foolproof, don't have to worry about it, birth control..As far as the toys and everything else goes, I'm okay with that..But how do you tell your partner that he just can't turn you on by himself anymore?..Ugh, so many problems, so few solutions..I'm 23..I didn't think I'd have this problem until I was wayyyy older!!  :(

inlovewithmy2
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:37 PM

i have the same problem so i got off my birth control and it still didnt help..the dr just said i have too much on my plate with working full time, school, kids, trying to lose weight and also having a social life. if anyone can suggest anything im up for suggestions too!

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Mm..maybe its not Mirena. I just re-read and you've had it for 2.5 years and with him one. Maybe you've just hit a part of the relationship where it's not as exciting. Maybe it's time to try new positions, have sex in other places and other things to spice it up. Or are you more stressed than normal? And communication is always key. Tell him so he knows what's up. It's not his fault but maybe he can help come up with more ways to turn you on. ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jordynlee18
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I'm way stressed out lately.  Trying to find a new job/having money troubles..I feel like I have no time for myself even though I do get a break from my toddler while he's with his father on the weekends..I've lived in the same town all my life but don't have many friends..My "best" friend moved states away and I don't get to talk to her much..And the few other friends I do have don't have any children or are too busy with their own social lives to spend time with me. I'm not much of a bar person and don't really have the money to spend on going out to do different activities.  Maybe you moms are right..Maybe its times to spice it up and try to work this out..Otherwise, I don't know how much longer I can live like this.  I know m b/f's just about fed up with it, and to be honest..I am too!!!  :(

MMerrill
by Melissa on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM

In my experience pretty much all BC does that :/

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

jordynlee18
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

@MMerrill, just out of curiosity, do you use any type of BC?  If not, how do you prevent getting pregnant when you're not ready?...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)