Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

birth control costs *piog*

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:16 AM
  • 23 Replies
So right now I have 2 different insurance. One from dh work and one with medicaid... they "have" to give it to us till may. Well anyways. The medicaid covers for my birth control pills.. today dh just found out that his insurance will not cover birth controll pills or to tie the tubes... he gets insurance through a hospital. Its a catholic hospital so that's why....

So my question for the moms who have to pay for your birth control and do not have insurance what form do you use and how much?? I could go to a planned parent hood but id think we would have to pay full price. Dh said full price for pills is 150.. 150 we can not afford a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Unoriginal.
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Check the income caps for planned parenthood, they should do sliding scale as well.
Does your insurance have a flex account? I think you can buy condoms and spermicides with that.  

lind.shep
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Walmart has some $4 pills without a prescription. You can see what kinds on their website.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Loestrin Fe has a discount plan and when I was on it it cost me 24 a month.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeninaBallerina
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Have you let medicaid know about this problem? Even if you get off of Medicaid in May they may be able to help you find a solution. 

queen_k0302
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Go to the health dept. Dh's insurance doesn't cover birth control and only pay $5 for the visit and because we can not afford it, they give me my pills for free. My ob told me about it. This was 2 yrs ago but im sure it's still the same.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmyL3469
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I got Mirena placed because my insurance was going to run out. I don't recommend mirena, it was the worst thing I ever did. I would maybe try paraguard or something hormone-free.

christinem89
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:34 AM

i have the implanon. im not sure the price of it. But its a small tube they put in your arm and it works for 3 years. i havent had any problems with it and i love knowing i dont have to worry about taking pills

Snapdragon88
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I got the Mirena while I still had Medicaid insurance. I won't have to pay for bc for 5 years. I don't have any issues with it, but some women do. Might want to look into it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myideasaretaken
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I get the Depo shot for no cost at the county health department.  Used to get BC pills there but I was horrible about remembering...

sarahjoy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I make a pretty good salary... and only pay 9 dollars for 3 packs at plan parenthood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN