Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exercising after a c section

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM
  • 11 Replies
I had a c-section in Nov and now I want to work out. I have been walking an today I went to the gym. I lifted weight, but was reluctant to do any tummy exercises. I read online to never do sit ups or crunches. Has anyone ever heard of this? Also, to roll out of bed. why not sit up and get out of bed? It sounds crazy. Google makes me crazy!
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovin_mybaby5
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:03 PM

http://www.wikihow.com/Exercise-After-a-C-Section

OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I've had 3 c sections and never heard that. I did the 30 day shred after my second one and am doing it again. I had my 3rd in August. No one has ever told me not too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovin_mybaby5
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM

or this I like her better

http://www.pregnancy-info.net/flat-tummy-after-c-section.html

MMerrill
by Melissa on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM

If you are fully healed there should be no reason not to do any kind of exercises you want.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:37 PM
This. My doctor gave me the go ahead 8 weeks PP

Quoting MMerrill:

If you are fully healed there should be no reason not to do any kind of exercises you want.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Quoting MMerrill:

molacio
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I waited four weeks and then started P90X2.
krodden87
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Thats weird. I have never had a c-section my dr said its a possibilty this time and im kind of freaked out. Any advice? I go online and get horror stories.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexislovesjr
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I didnt start crunches/situps till 2 months after both my c-sections, but that was because of lake of strength in my tummy. My regular workouts started at about 4-5 weeks. I never heard of rolling out of bed. Only you can know your limits, If you shouldnt do something than your body will let you know.

Lovemybabieslnb
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Quoting krodden87:

Thats weird. I have never had a c-section my dr said its a possibilty this time and im kind of freaked out. Any advice? I go online and get horror stories.

Just take it easy and take  your pain meds if the pain gets too bad.  Do try to move a little. I feel like it made me feel better faster. And the pain will go away! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)