Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Quitting smoking...

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:03 AM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok so today will be my first day of quitting (cold turkey) and I'm honestly terrified!! Any helpful tips?! Plz help me out ladies...thanks!!! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by Donna on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Come over to my house so I can cough in your face. You will get this coughing, lung burning, plague of death that I have-breathing will hurt so much that you won't want to smoke.
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Good luck mama!! I quit cold turkey the day I found out I was pregnant with dd. That was almost 2 years ago and I've never once touched another cig. You can do it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
claddison
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Good luck to you. I just started my first day of taking Welbutrin for me to quit smoking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Regular gum and mints helped my husband. Good luck!!
MommyofSCC
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Good luck, and chewing gum!!!!!!!!!

BabyBrooke13
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Great job mama ! ! ! You can do it ! ! ! I quit when I found out I was pregnant with number one and never looked back (I had only smoked for about a year though) ! ! ! gum and lollipops were a big help

huntmom1104
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I have been trying to quit smoking tried chewing gum and hard candy that seemed to help but i ended up getting one of those electronic cigarettes but i hope you find something to help you stop i wish i could

momof2girls108
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Thank you ladies!! I have been thru almost a whole pack of gum today but its better (and cheaper) than cigarettes!! Keep the positivity coming!!! :-)
.thatsme.
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Good luck! I quit back in October for 7 weeks! Every time I craved one I would do something to keep me busy. Cravings usually last only 3 minutes. Unfortunately I started back! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cupcake_mom
by KT on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM
My sis in law got her fave hard candies. and every time she wanted a cig she would eat a candy. like jolly ranchers. sometimes she would even go outside with my bro when he would smoke and eat her candy. she was 100% done in about 2 months! Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)