Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I need positive/kind advice :)

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:03 AM
  • 18 Replies
So my 8 month old baby girl came down w a virus Friday night, started burnin up real bad. She cldnt sleep u cld tell she was very uncomfortable so I made the mistake of taking her out of her crib n sleeping w her... Her fever continued to get worse so I slept w her the whole weekend... Now last night when I tired to get bk into our night routine of rocking her then putting her in her crib she wouldn't do it. Right as I put her down she instantly woke up and started crying. So I let her cry for bout 5 mins then she really started screaming n crying and all that. I tried it about 3 times n the 3rd time she strted holding her breath so I ended up sleeping w her... How do I get her back into her crib??? Please only positive/kind advice!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by Donna on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:18 AM
2 moms liked this
Just he patient and stick to her routine. Also remember that just because her fever is gone doesn't mean she is feeling better.
Kaylabella
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:22 AM
When that clicked in my head last night that's when I started feeling bad, she prolly still feels a bit yucky :( shld I just keep trying to put her in the crib? And what do I do when she won't stop crying n screaming?
TempestRayne
by Donna on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:30 AM
The same thing you did to get her to sleep in the crib in the first place. Put her in there, pat her tummy, stroke her back, talk to her in a soothing voice or sing to her and just be patient. She will get it again eventually.
Quoting Kaylabella:

When that clicked in my head last night that's when I started feeling bad, she prolly still feels a bit yucky :( shld I just keep trying to put her in the crib? And what do I do when she won't stop crying n screaming?

BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Just keep doing what you did last night. Go back to her Bedtime routine and she will eventually get back into the swig of it.
Dd 2 is giving me the same problem lol it sucks but I've done it before w her and gotten her to sleep in her crib again.
Kaylabella
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:36 AM
I'm gonna stick w her normal routine and keep trying! She does not calm down when I try to sooth her she just gets more upset! When she just won't go bk to sleep when I put her down do I just sleep w her?!!!? It's soo hard lol

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

Just keep doing what you did last night. Go back to her Bedtime routine and she will eventually get back into the swig of it.

Dd 2 is giving me the same problem lol it sucks but I've done it before w her and gotten her to sleep in her crib again.

Kaylabella
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Thank you :)

Quoting TempestRayne:

The same thing you did to get her to sleep in the crib in the first place. Put her in there, pat her tummy, stroke her back, talk to her in a soothing voice or sing to her and just be patient. She will get it again eventually.
Quoting Kaylabella:

lilian1991
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I don't know if you breastfeed? if you do lay down with her and feed her when you see that she's sleep past her to the crib. That's what I do with m baby girl.  Try it maybe it works.

Kaylabella
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM
I don't breastfeed... She will be sound asleep in my arms and I will soo lightly and quietly put her in her crib n the second she hits that mattress she throws herself on her hands n knees and gets up!!!!!!!!! I will even try to give her a lil more bottle to settle her and again she will fall asleep n I will try again n she wakes right up :(
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM
I know a lot of moms for agree but I nurse her tell her it's nap time or bed time. Put her down. 5 mins crying I pick her up relax her and the same 7 mins then 10 and normally 10 mins she is sleeping.
It takes time I still can't get dd to nap unless I hold her yet let alone sleep in her bed lol

Quoting Kaylabella:

I'm gonna stick w her normal routine and keep trying! She does not calm down when I try to sooth her she just gets more upset! When she just won't go bk to sleep when I put her down do I just sleep w her?!!!? It's soo hard lol

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

Kaylabella
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Thank you! I'm going to try that tonight. Yup she's the same way she will nap great in my arms for naps then when I put her down she wakes up 10 mins later! Before she got sick I didn't have a problem w her sleeping in her crib overnight! It's my fault for sleeping w her :( I just felt she needed me...

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

I know a lot of moms for agree but I nurse her tell her it's nap time or bed time. Put her down. 5 mins crying I pick her up relax her and the same 7 mins then 10 and normally 10 mins she is sleeping.

It takes time I still can't get dd to nap unless I hold her yet let alone sleep in her bed lol

Quoting Kaylabella:

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)