Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

30 Kinds of People We Just Can't Stop Judging -What do you negatively judge others on?

Posted by   + Show Post

30 Kinds of People We Just Can't Stop Judging

Posted by Maressa Brown on January 30, 2013

long fingernailsBlame human nature. No matter how "nice" we want to be 24/7/365, sometimes, we just can't help letting our own hang-ups, lifestyles, backgrounds, or tastes influence how we see others. Or should I say, how we judge others?

Be honest: Whether we "mean to," "want to," or not, we all do it. When we're walking down the street, waiting in line at the store, or simply driving around town, it's impossible not to occasionally find yourself completely turned-off by someone else and labeling them in your head. Even little, not-so-obvious reasons could have us rolling our eyes. Here are 30 people who are just asking to be negatively judged based on their behavior or appearance ... and who we're ashamed to admit we judge. But we do.

1. People who smoke. It's 2013, not 1950. We know too much about the health consequences of this nasty habit to keep thinking it's a good idea. Or an acceptable behavior around others who might not want to be subjected to secondhand smoke.
  2. People who drink lots of soda. Don't they know it's filled with high fructose corn syrup and chemicals that are rotting them from the inside out?
  3. People who perpetually eat junk food. See #2.
  4. People who have "too many kids." Seriously, are they trying to be the next Duggars or what?
  5. People who own guns.
  6. Women who wear tons of perfume/layers of makeup. What are they hiding under there?!
  7. Women who have overly long, painted fingernails -- particularly with nail art. Aren't there less icky ways of expressing yourself?
  8. Men with even slightly long fingernails and/or toenails. Eww, ever hear of personal hygiene?
  9. People who use poor grammar/spelling in an obviously lazy way. Failing to show you have a grasp on the English language is sure to do the opposite of impress.
  10. People who update their Facebook status constantly. Way to be totally self-obsessed!
  11. People who take the elevator up one floor. Really?! Take. The. Stairs.
  12. People who carry an ill-fitting, unkempt smartphone case. Kiiiinda screams "slob."
  13. People who keep a really messy (which, admittedly, is totally relative) home. Kiiinda screams "hoarder."
  14. People who are obese or have obese children. Sad one, but oh so true.
  15. People who won't recycle, even when it's really easy to. Globe-killing litter bugs!
  16. Restaurant-goers who say "let me get ..." or "gimme the ..." as opposed to "I would like ..." or "may I have ..." Have some manners!
  17. Self-righteous people who refuse to believe scientific evidence that contradicts what their faith tells them to believe.
  18. People who refuse to give up their seat for a pregnant woman on public transportation. Self-centered jerks!
  19. Public transportation users who lean on/"hump" the pole on the subway. So other people can't use it to hold on. Self-centered jerks!
  20. Republican, aka "conservative," FOX News-loving voters. (Applicable only to those who vote Democrat.) What are they thinking?!
  21. Democrat, aka "liberal," hippie voters. (Applicable only to those who vote Republican.) What are they thinking?!
  22. Gym-goers who don't to wipe down exercise machines after use. Gross.
  23. People who don't wash their hands in a public restroom. Shudder.
  24. Public transit users who sit on the outside seat ... and then act incredulous that they have to move when you ask to sit down.
  25. People who swear/curse profusely. Especially in front of kids.
  26. Anyone with a persistent, heavy, rattling sniff in a movie theater or other public place. Get a tissue!
  27. Vacationers who vacation only at Disney World. Helllooo, haven't these people ever considered broadening their horizons?
  28. People who can't stop driving and texting or walking and texting or movie-watching and texting, etc. Cut it out!
  29. People who neglect to hold the door for anyone (especially women/children). Have a little human decency, whydontcha?
  30. People who refuse to thank someone who holds the door for them. Common courtesy must be completely dead.

Be honest: What do you negatively judge others on?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Replies (401-410):
sandraisamom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:23 PM
is this a recent profile picture? because to me you look obese. Do you judge yourself every second or what?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

wow. OP are you stupid?! You really judge people for the stuff on that list? get a life.

TammyMcC
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Drives me NUTS when I see obviously sick children sent to school. I was a single parent of a handicapped child with not one single family member in my city and I can honestly say that I never once sent him, or his siblings who came later to school sick.

Kidz4life345
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:26 PM

People who are rude to me and my kids because of our accent.  BTW I ONLY swear when m kids aren't around

mommieof3_752
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:35 PM
2 moms liked this

WOW...there must be a whole lot of judgmental people...like more then I ever imagined there was. I honestly am not bothered by alot of stuff on this list. Everyone is entitled to live their lives the way they want. If what they are doing isn't effecting me or anyone else negatively...then why should I care. The thing that I do despise...is people who abuse and/or neglect their children...and drunk drivers...basically anyone who purposely and knowingly harms others. If it doesn't hurt anyone...do what you do.

MomTo2Boys12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Ouch! Lol

Quoting sandraisamom:

is this a recent profile picture? because to me you look obese. Do you judge yourself every second or what?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zuzusmomma
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:37 PM
#9 and # 10 annoy me and they usually go hand in hand. With the popularity of social media it is easy to see how many of us are completely clueless when it comes to grammar and spelling. I have to restrain myself from correcting others Facebook posts. It is appalling and rampant. Elementary English teachers every where are rolling in their graves. No one is perfect, just show a little effort.
mommieof3_752
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids' school is crazy. I totally agree with you. My youngest has missed 3-4 days of school because she was sick. They sent me a letter saying that I would face a fine or imprisonment if she missed any more days...that if she is sick to send her meds to school with her...umm..Im not going to send my poor miserable sick baby to sit in a damn classroom and spread her sickness to other kids so that they can give it back to her later..that is absolutely crazy. 

Quoting TammyMcC:

Drives me NUTS when I see obviously sick children sent to school. I was a single parent of a handicapped child with not one single family member in my city and I can honestly say that I never once sent him, or his siblings who came later to school sick.

NewMamaBoo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Druggies

MommieSDW
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Lol you know she didn't write this, right?

Quoting sandraisamom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN