Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

30 Kinds of People We Just Can't Stop Judging -What do you negatively judge others on?

Posted by   + Show Post

30 Kinds of People We Just Can't Stop Judging

Posted by Maressa Brown on January 30, 2013

long fingernailsBlame human nature. No matter how "nice" we want to be 24/7/365, sometimes, we just can't help letting our own hang-ups, lifestyles, backgrounds, or tastes influence how we see others. Or should I say, how we judge others?

Be honest: Whether we "mean to," "want to," or not, we all do it. When we're walking down the street, waiting in line at the store, or simply driving around town, it's impossible not to occasionally find yourself completely turned-off by someone else and labeling them in your head. Even little, not-so-obvious reasons could have us rolling our eyes. Here are 30 people who are just asking to be negatively judged based on their behavior or appearance ... and who we're ashamed to admit we judge. But we do.

1. People who smoke. It's 2013, not 1950. We know too much about the health consequences of this nasty habit to keep thinking it's a good idea. Or an acceptable behavior around others who might not want to be subjected to secondhand smoke.
  2. People who drink lots of soda. Don't they know it's filled with high fructose corn syrup and chemicals that are rotting them from the inside out?
  3. People who perpetually eat junk food. See #2.
  4. People who have "too many kids." Seriously, are they trying to be the next Duggars or what?
  5. People who own guns.
  6. Women who wear tons of perfume/layers of makeup. What are they hiding under there?!
  7. Women who have overly long, painted fingernails -- particularly with nail art. Aren't there less icky ways of expressing yourself?
  8. Men with even slightly long fingernails and/or toenails. Eww, ever hear of personal hygiene?
  9. People who use poor grammar/spelling in an obviously lazy way. Failing to show you have a grasp on the English language is sure to do the opposite of impress.
  10. People who update their Facebook status constantly. Way to be totally self-obsessed!
  11. People who take the elevator up one floor. Really?! Take. The. Stairs.
  12. People who carry an ill-fitting, unkempt smartphone case. Kiiiinda screams "slob."
  13. People who keep a really messy (which, admittedly, is totally relative) home. Kiiinda screams "hoarder."
  14. People who are obese or have obese children. Sad one, but oh so true.
  15. People who won't recycle, even when it's really easy to. Globe-killing litter bugs!
  16. Restaurant-goers who say "let me get ..." or "gimme the ..." as opposed to "I would like ..." or "may I have ..." Have some manners!
  17. Self-righteous people who refuse to believe scientific evidence that contradicts what their faith tells them to believe.
  18. People who refuse to give up their seat for a pregnant woman on public transportation. Self-centered jerks!
  19. Public transportation users who lean on/"hump" the pole on the subway. So other people can't use it to hold on. Self-centered jerks!
  20. Republican, aka "conservative," FOX News-loving voters. (Applicable only to those who vote Democrat.) What are they thinking?!
  21. Democrat, aka "liberal," hippie voters. (Applicable only to those who vote Republican.) What are they thinking?!
  22. Gym-goers who don't to wipe down exercise machines after use. Gross.
  23. People who don't wash their hands in a public restroom. Shudder.
  24. Public transit users who sit on the outside seat ... and then act incredulous that they have to move when you ask to sit down.
  25. People who swear/curse profusely. Especially in front of kids.
  26. Anyone with a persistent, heavy, rattling sniff in a movie theater or other public place. Get a tissue!
  27. Vacationers who vacation only at Disney World. Helllooo, haven't these people ever considered broadening their horizons?
  28. People who can't stop driving and texting or walking and texting or movie-watching and texting, etc. Cut it out!
  29. People who neglect to hold the door for anyone (especially women/children). Have a little human decency, whydontcha?
  30. People who refuse to thank someone who holds the door for them. Common courtesy must be completely dead.

Be honest: What do you negatively judge others on?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Replies (461-470):
powers2704
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting MommieSDW:

I truly only judge those who spend too much time judging others. 

I am extremely laid back, I love people for who they are. I may not agree with their choices but I'm not gonna sit here like Oh. My. God. Becky, she fed her kids hot dogs.

But something about other people getting nasty makes me feel really sorry for them lol. 

So, I guess, I judge you if you judge others so I'm basically judging myself 0.0

. I agree with you! Who gives a poo that much to make a list. Let people be who they are. Unless other peoples actions are personally causing you harm or problems just try not to care or worry so much about what others are doing. What does it matter???
BabyBump298
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this

OP wouldn't be able to handle Montana with #5 lol. What is wrong with people owning guns?? We have guns to protect our families and to hunt (this does NOT make me a redneck) it saving us money instead of buying meat from the store. People are so petty. Some of these relate to me..nail art. Really?? I try not to judge others, but those who judge others doesn't really make you the better person.

CafeMom Tickers
Wonderwoman1432
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM
2 moms liked this

# 1 because I hate the smell of cigarettes, they are so unhealthy and the majority of smokers I come in contact with aren't very courteous. 

# 2, #3 I don't really care if someone drinks soda or has a poor diet just wish they would choose a healthier lifestyle. I guess what bothers me most is when parents let their kids eat junk food constantly especially when their child's overweight. Just because I know that the child does not know any better and their parents are old enough to know what's up.

#4 as long as the children are being taken care of and are nut running rampart, I could care less how many children someone has.n

#5 I totally DISAGREE with this! The majority of gun owners are not murderers, nut jobs, rednecks or whatever the media keeps reiterating. So stop being PREDJUDICE of gun owners!!!!!

#6 Most women do wear a lot of makeup and a lot of men like it. To each her own.

#7 I could care less!

#8 again who cares!?

#9 waz wrang wit spelin lik a gangsta. I jus don noe how they spell chk/ ato corekt aloys it.

#10 I don't mind this as long as what's posted is useful/ interesting information. When it's " I'll be back on after I clean my kitchen" " my pie didn't rise" "it's been a long day I need a man to give me a massage" crap like that every half hour. 

#11 who cares? 

#12 I've never noticed this one personally and if I had my thought definitely wouldn't be "what a slob"

#13 only when there is no place to sit or walk without kicking or moving something out of the way or when the floor is dirty and theirs a crawler in the house. I hate to see babies with dirty hands, feet, and face. 

#14 I jut wonder how they manage to eat so much. The obese children make me sad. :( stop feeding your kids crap!!!

#15 I don't care. Al Gore doesn't even recycle.

# 16 I usually say "I'm going to have"... I didn't realize I was lacking manners as most if not all of people who use these terms don't realize. 

#17  This all depends on what issue your talking about. You would have to clarify. I don't agree with a lot of science, it just depends.

#18 Yes, but it's even worse when it is an elderly person who obviously is having trouble walking and maintaining balance what jerks! 

#19 never noticed this my public busses aren't usually that packed.

#20 #21 potayto, potato

#22 I don't go to the gym

#23 especially men who don't wash their hands...of course I wouldn't know which ones who did or didn't.  

#24 Or don't scoot in closer to the window when it's plain to see that the bus is full

#25 ONLY WHEN it's in front of kids.

#26 I'm more annoyed by the persistent coughers.

#27 I've never been to Disney World. I know a lot of people who only go there because their kids enjoy themselves. Good for them! 

#28 #29 #30 I usually think how rude but I don't put much thought into it. 

Wonderwoman1432
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting KaydeBugsMommy:

I do judge people. But rarely for anything on that list!

It annoys me seeing preschoolers being treated like babies (using a pacifier, riding in a much-too-small stroller, helicopter parents). Parents not putting their children in appropriate car seats. Basically only things that could put a child in danger physically, socially, or developmentally.

1. People who smoke. It's 2013, not 1950. We know too much about the health consequences of this nasty habit to keep thinking it's a good idea. Or an acceptable behavior around others who might not want to be subjected to secondhand smoke. Don't care, just don't do it around my kid.
  2. People who drink lots of soda. Don't they know it's filled with high fructose corn syrup and chemicals that are rotting them from the inside out? Drink it daily- don't care!
  3. People who perpetually eat junk food. See #2.As I eat a 2lb bag of sour patch kids...
  4. People who have "too many kids." Seriously, are they trying to be the next Duggars or what? Seriously, what's wrong with a big family?
  5. People who own guns.
  6. Women who wear tons of perfume/layers of makeup. What are they hiding under there?! Don't wear any makeup myself, but don't care about what you do with your face.
  7. Women who have overly long, painted fingernails -- particularly with nail art. Aren't there less icky ways of expressing yourself? What's wrong with painted fingernails? Seriously. I had 10 different color fingernails everyday until I had my daughter!
  8. Men with even slightly long fingernails and/or toenails. Eww, ever hear of personal hygiene? Eh- don't prefer it on my man, but it's whatever.
  9. People who use poor grammar/spelling in an obviously lazy way. Failing to show you have a grasp on the English language is sure to do the opposite of impress. Grammar Nazi! Wonderful. Enjoy your life of always being annoyed by other people's stupidity.
  10. People who update their Facebook status constantly. Way to be totally self-obsessed! Yeah... or they just have a lot to tell their friends!
  11. People who take the elevator up one floor. Really?! Take. The. Stairs. There are so many reasons why this is stupid. Even healthy people might just enjoy riding the elevator.
  12. People who carry an ill-fitting, unkempt smartphone case. Kiiiinda screams "slob." Wow... I didn't even realize people noticed that... What about those of us who don't even have smartphones. Or phone cases at all? We're screwed!
  13. People who keep a really messy (which, admittedly, is totally relative) home. Kiiinda screams "hoarder." So? My house is filthy. Like honestly dirty. But we live happy, so that's what's important to us.
  14. People who are obese or have obese children. Sad one, but oh so true. I'm naturally skinny. It's good genetics. My husband is naturally big. In some situations it's called a body type difference. Others it's just that they like food. It's their life.
  15. People who won't recycle, even when it's really easy to. Globe-killing litter bugs! Says the woman who probably buys a brand new outfit for every single occasion...
  16. Restaurant-goers who say "let me get ..." or "gimme the ..." as opposed to "I would like ..." or "may I have ..." Have some manners! If you are waiting on me, I don't need to ask your permission.  I am telling you what to bring me. If you don't bring me exactly that, I will be very upset.
  17. Self-righteous people who refuse to believe scientific evidence that contradicts what their faith tells them to believe. Everybody believes something...
  18. People who refuse to give up their seat for a pregnant woman on public transportation. Self-centered jerks! Don't give up their seat- eh. But I will never use public transportation around here. Eww!
  19. Public transportation users who lean on/"hump" the pole on the subway. So other people can't use it to hold on. Self-centered jerks! Again, never rode a subway before in my life. Never will!
  20. Republican, aka "conservative," FOX News-loving voters. (Applicable only to those who vote Democrat.) What are they thinking?! Not even going to talk about it.
  21. Democrat, aka "liberal," hippie voters. (Applicable only to those who vote Republican.) What are they thinking?! Again, no comment.
  22. Gym-goers who don't to wipe down exercise machines after use. Gross. If you are that picky- get exercise machines for your home.
  23. People who don't wash their hands in a public restroom. Shudder. Eh- the handles of the sink are probably dirtier than anything. Plus they will just get dirty again as soon as you leave. No germ freak here!
  24. Public transit users who sit on the outside seat ... and then act incredulous that they have to move when you ask to sit down. Seriously- what's with all the public transit issues? I will never know...
  25. People who swear/curse profusely. Especially in front of kids. Not a problem- just don't do it in front of my kid please.
  26. Anyone with a persistent, heavy, rattling sniff in a movie theater or other public place. Get a tissue! So now it's wrong to have a stuffy nose? Wow... allergies and cold season must be horrible!
  27. Vacationers who vacation only at Disney World. Helllooo, haven't these people ever considered broadening their horizons? I would love to visit Disney World. If I could afford to, that is the only place I would go. Because I'm a kid at heart and Disney has everything I could ever need.
  28. People who can't stop driving and texting or walking and texting or movie-watching and texting, etc. Cut it out! Maybe it's important? Maybe it's their life?
  29. People who neglect to hold the door for anyone (especially women/children). Have a little human decency, whydontcha? I HATE whenever people hold the door for me. I would much rather struggle on my own than have to deal with somebody holding the door for me.
  30. People who refuse to thank someone who holds the door for them. Common courtesy must be completely dead. I may nodd, but no words will be spoken.

I find it sad that the only thing you don't take objection to is #5. Why do you judge gun owners? What's wrong with you!?

joviredhead
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Ok...what does " helicopter parent" mean?

Quoting bpryce:

Basically #3, i hate when i hear people talk about wanting to lose weight and then i watch them drink soda and eat fried chicken or mac n cheese....seriously!

and helicopter parents....omg give your child some independence, let them take risks and just be a kid

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angeltink7
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Isn't this entire post self-righteous.  People really should worry more about themselves than about others and they would be much happier.

bpryce
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Google it if you want, you'll find several articles for and against helicopter parents. Basically its a parent who is extremely involved in every aspect of their childs life, from directing how/what they play with, following them around the playground to preparing their resumes, setting up job interviews and managing their finances. Personally i think helicopter parents are just controlling freaks

Quoting joviredhead:

Ok...what does " helicopter parent" mean?

Quoting bpryce:

Basically #3, i hate when i hear people talk about wanting to lose weight and then i watch them drink soda and eat fried chicken or mac n cheese....seriously!

and helicopter parents....omg give your child some independence, let them take risks and just be a kid

Wonderwoman1432
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Does anyone here know how to post a blog in this forum? I can't figure it out.

Sarah14094
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I think everyone here should know the difference between judging, opinion and annoyances/pet peeves. I have people that do things that annoy me (SO), I have pet peeves, but I dont judge them as good or bad people. I have opinions that others disagree with and I know others who have opinions I disagree with. We arent good or bad based on that. We know molestors, murderers, rapists, etc are bad-actions inexcusable, but you can still NOT judge the person unless you know them. You dont know their background so you only opine on their actions, not who they are. I had good opinions, even judgments on people...like they must be good because they love animals, yet turned out to be people I dont care for. Vice versa...I judged someone based in attitude and that person turned out to be my very best friend.

Judging assumes a person is a certain way, good or bad, and sometimes no matter how well you know them, you are wrong. You dont know what goes on behind closed doors. Have your opinions and pet peeves, but dont judge based on that. People are not good or bad based on whether you agree or disagree or they annoy you. Im sure you are just as annoying to some.

I am not going to judge the type of person you are based on this post. Maybe you were bored, maybe not. Maybe you dont believe what you wrote but wanted too see the responses, maybe you really believe it.

All I know is you can agree, disagree, be annoyed with me, whatever....no matter. But I do know it hurts, a lot, to be judged and to have people stick their nose in my business when it has nothing to do with you nor do you know the circumstances.

ChristyG2012
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm gonna get a lot of crap for this & idc: I hate this new-age "holier than thou" style parenting! Helicopter moms, women who only eat 100% "organic" food & judge you if you eat a hotdog (God forbid), people who judge me for having the occasional coke (while they're chugging down coffee), parents who judge spankers (NOT beaters)...I guess the list could go on & on w/ that subject.

I also hate welfare abusers. People on food stamps but have a Mercedes & iPhone 5.

Don't bother quoting me w/ an argument. I love this group & how we can speak our mind. You have your ways & I have mine. Have a good day!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)