Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Kinds of People We Just Can't Stop Judging -What do you negatively judge others on?

Posted by   + Show Post

30 Kinds of People We Just Can't Stop Judging

Posted by Maressa Brown on January 30, 2013

long fingernailsBlame human nature. No matter how "nice" we want to be 24/7/365, sometimes, we just can't help letting our own hang-ups, lifestyles, backgrounds, or tastes influence how we see others. Or should I say, how we judge others?

Be honest: Whether we "mean to," "want to," or not, we all do it. When we're walking down the street, waiting in line at the store, or simply driving around town, it's impossible not to occasionally find yourself completely turned-off by someone else and labeling them in your head. Even little, not-so-obvious reasons could have us rolling our eyes. Here are 30 people who are just asking to be negatively judged based on their behavior or appearance ... and who we're ashamed to admit we judge. But we do.

1. People who smoke. It's 2013, not 1950. We know too much about the health consequences of this nasty habit to keep thinking it's a good idea. Or an acceptable behavior around others who might not want to be subjected to secondhand smoke.
  2. People who drink lots of soda. Don't they know it's filled with high fructose corn syrup and chemicals that are rotting them from the inside out?
  3. People who perpetually eat junk food. See #2.
  4. People who have "too many kids." Seriously, are they trying to be the next Duggars or what?
  5. People who own guns.
  6. Women who wear tons of perfume/layers of makeup. What are they hiding under there?!
  7. Women who have overly long, painted fingernails -- particularly with nail art. Aren't there less icky ways of expressing yourself?
  8. Men with even slightly long fingernails and/or toenails. Eww, ever hear of personal hygiene?
  9. People who use poor grammar/spelling in an obviously lazy way. Failing to show you have a grasp on the English language is sure to do the opposite of impress.
  10. People who update their Facebook status constantly. Way to be totally self-obsessed!
  11. People who take the elevator up one floor. Really?! Take. The. Stairs.
  12. People who carry an ill-fitting, unkempt smartphone case. Kiiiinda screams "slob."
  13. People who keep a really messy (which, admittedly, is totally relative) home. Kiiinda screams "hoarder."
  14. People who are obese or have obese children. Sad one, but oh so true.
  15. People who won't recycle, even when it's really easy to. Globe-killing litter bugs!
  16. Restaurant-goers who say "let me get ..." or "gimme the ..." as opposed to "I would like ..." or "may I have ..." Have some manners!
  17. Self-righteous people who refuse to believe scientific evidence that contradicts what their faith tells them to believe.
  18. People who refuse to give up their seat for a pregnant woman on public transportation. Self-centered jerks!
  19. Public transportation users who lean on/"hump" the pole on the subway. So other people can't use it to hold on. Self-centered jerks!
  20. Republican, aka "conservative," FOX News-loving voters. (Applicable only to those who vote Democrat.) What are they thinking?!
  21. Democrat, aka "liberal," hippie voters. (Applicable only to those who vote Republican.) What are they thinking?!
  22. Gym-goers who don't to wipe down exercise machines after use. Gross.
  23. People who don't wash their hands in a public restroom. Shudder.
  24. Public transit users who sit on the outside seat ... and then act incredulous that they have to move when you ask to sit down.
  25. People who swear/curse profusely. Especially in front of kids.
  26. Anyone with a persistent, heavy, rattling sniff in a movie theater or other public place. Get a tissue!
  27. Vacationers who vacation only at Disney World. Helllooo, haven't these people ever considered broadening their horizons?
  28. People who can't stop driving and texting or walking and texting or movie-watching and texting, etc. Cut it out!
  29. People who neglect to hold the door for anyone (especially women/children). Have a little human decency, whydontcha?
  30. People who refuse to thank someone who holds the door for them. Common courtesy must be completely dead.

Be honest: What do you negatively judge others on?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Replies (511-520):
pumpkin77
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

People who "snap their gum" while chewing.

VeroKarr
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

You missed people who don't help pregnant women, people with little children, handicap people or old people anyway, like letting them go first in line.

And I absolutely dislike this skinny "women" who are always complaining about all those "extra pounds" they have...

sacarr44
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I really hope you don't mean people who discipline their children.

Devowin
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow! This list is harsh!! I guess your going to be judged for practically not being God! I mean I swear, I wear makeup and nailpolish and yeah I love junkfood and soda ( I mean I am human!!) And my husband is a smoker. We are great parents though and we live a happy life so, thats all I need. I don't mind if I'm judged! :) 

DurGalad
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow..that's a lot things to judge O_O Most of these things I don't even think think about or notice. I just live my life and let others live theirs, it's not hurting me. Though it does kinda bother me that people who smoke is the first thing. When I'm out in public(same goes for most smokers I know)I step away from groups and try my best to stay out of everyone els's way. Not everyone smokes, awesome, good for them. I'm not blowing smoke in your face, so I don't want to hear shit from anyone about my choice poison my own body with it.

10littleapplets
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow how sad you people are
Do un to other as you would have others treat you !!!!
If people would worry about their life and not if other people or Fat people or someone drinking soda or eating chicken then you might be better off , well those who judge of others must have a crapy life and the person their taking time out to judge must have a dam good one .!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
filothei
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:29 AM

people who drive drunk, people who don't care about their health, people who "forget"  to take a shower and their smell is disgusting

crissysworld
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:42 AM

4 The people who have so many kids they need to live off the system but if you can afford them then more power to you,13 if your house has toys and such because kids live there but the people whose houses are trashed,15 its not that hard to recycle because we need to help to quit junking the planet. 23 that's nasty, 28 seriously a no brainer. Seriously 18 is not a medical condition, because that person sitting may have a bad back or been standing all day working. Just because you are pregnant does not mean someone needs to give up their seat. 30 seriously common curtesy. People who abuse the welfare system and that keep having kids to get more. People who abuse their kids and the system that has failed kids.

misslo-j
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I heart this list:)blowing kisses

katfeemom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:47 AM

There is a balance between "free range parent" and "helicopter parent", FIND IT!!!

IMO opinion, being too much of one, or the other is annoying.  I've have HP's call me b/c their child had some sort of disagreement with my child, and they expect ME to come down on my  kid.  (I don't know what happened, I don't particularly care.   No one's life was endangered, and kids are people, they will fight and disagree, they'll move on). 

The other is the "FRP's".  I get it.  YOU want your kid  to experience LIFE!! to get to learn through experiences, by making mistakes. However, the one thing that I see that YOU don't teach your child is that you don't get to interfere with other people's lives!  How many times have we seen a kid climbing on a display at a a store?  Or running around in a restaurant?  And the parents will say, "That's okay, he wants to...."  OR "If she gets hurt, its her own problem...."   NO it's truly NOT.  As a former employee I would get annoyed b/c 1.  If your child gets hurt, I have to fill out an accident report.  And really I don't schedule time in my day for that.  2.  Even though YOU obviously don't seem to care, I have to pretend to. 3.  After you child destroys my merchandise, I have to clean up the mess.  Concerning kids running about in restaurants, I'm not talking about Chucky Cheese, or places with game rooms. I'm talking about places that are more refined, expensive, the type of places that have table cloths on the tables, linen napkins....  I get it, YOU want to enjoy a nice meal out.  BUT so does everyone else in the place.  You are paying for your meal, again so is everyone else there.  WHY do you bring your fidgety toddler there?  I'm not saying don't go out. I'm saying pick a place that is more appropriate to bring a toddler if you are going to bring yours, or get a sitter.  If I want wine with my meal, I'll order a glass, I don't need to hear your kid whine...

When my kids were little, I would take them to appropriate places.  As they grew older, we expanded our horizons, and went more places.  If your kid can't stay in their seat at Mc Donalds until they are done eating, WHY do you take them to the Ritz?  Start small, work your way up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)