Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

30 Kinds of People We Just Can't Stop Judging -What do you negatively judge others on?

Posted by   + Show Post

30 Kinds of People We Just Can't Stop Judging

Posted by Maressa Brown on January 30, 2013

long fingernailsBlame human nature. No matter how "nice" we want to be 24/7/365, sometimes, we just can't help letting our own hang-ups, lifestyles, backgrounds, or tastes influence how we see others. Or should I say, how we judge others?

Be honest: Whether we "mean to," "want to," or not, we all do it. When we're walking down the street, waiting in line at the store, or simply driving around town, it's impossible not to occasionally find yourself completely turned-off by someone else and labeling them in your head. Even little, not-so-obvious reasons could have us rolling our eyes. Here are 30 people who are just asking to be negatively judged based on their behavior or appearance ... and who we're ashamed to admit we judge. But we do.

1. People who smoke. It's 2013, not 1950. We know too much about the health consequences of this nasty habit to keep thinking it's a good idea. Or an acceptable behavior around others who might not want to be subjected to secondhand smoke.
  2. People who drink lots of soda. Don't they know it's filled with high fructose corn syrup and chemicals that are rotting them from the inside out?
  3. People who perpetually eat junk food. See #2.
  4. People who have "too many kids." Seriously, are they trying to be the next Duggars or what?
  5. People who own guns.
  6. Women who wear tons of perfume/layers of makeup. What are they hiding under there?!
  7. Women who have overly long, painted fingernails -- particularly with nail art. Aren't there less icky ways of expressing yourself?
  8. Men with even slightly long fingernails and/or toenails. Eww, ever hear of personal hygiene?
  9. People who use poor grammar/spelling in an obviously lazy way. Failing to show you have a grasp on the English language is sure to do the opposite of impress.
  10. People who update their Facebook status constantly. Way to be totally self-obsessed!
  11. People who take the elevator up one floor. Really?! Take. The. Stairs.
  12. People who carry an ill-fitting, unkempt smartphone case. Kiiiinda screams "slob."
  13. People who keep a really messy (which, admittedly, is totally relative) home. Kiiinda screams "hoarder."
  14. People who are obese or have obese children. Sad one, but oh so true.
  15. People who won't recycle, even when it's really easy to. Globe-killing litter bugs!
  16. Restaurant-goers who say "let me get ..." or "gimme the ..." as opposed to "I would like ..." or "may I have ..." Have some manners!
  17. Self-righteous people who refuse to believe scientific evidence that contradicts what their faith tells them to believe.
  18. People who refuse to give up their seat for a pregnant woman on public transportation. Self-centered jerks!
  19. Public transportation users who lean on/"hump" the pole on the subway. So other people can't use it to hold on. Self-centered jerks!
  20. Republican, aka "conservative," FOX News-loving voters. (Applicable only to those who vote Democrat.) What are they thinking?!
  21. Democrat, aka "liberal," hippie voters. (Applicable only to those who vote Republican.) What are they thinking?!
  22. Gym-goers who don't to wipe down exercise machines after use. Gross.
  23. People who don't wash their hands in a public restroom. Shudder.
  24. Public transit users who sit on the outside seat ... and then act incredulous that they have to move when you ask to sit down.
  25. People who swear/curse profusely. Especially in front of kids.
  26. Anyone with a persistent, heavy, rattling sniff in a movie theater or other public place. Get a tissue!
  27. Vacationers who vacation only at Disney World. Helllooo, haven't these people ever considered broadening their horizons?
  28. People who can't stop driving and texting or walking and texting or movie-watching and texting, etc. Cut it out!
  29. People who neglect to hold the door for anyone (especially women/children). Have a little human decency, whydontcha?
  30. People who refuse to thank someone who holds the door for them. Common courtesy must be completely dead.

Be honest: What do you negatively judge others on?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Replies (521-530):
Jettsmom2010
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:51 AM
People who still spank their children. Are you to cruel and lazy to find better ways to parent your children?

Women who never even try to breastfeed their baby. We all know the breast is best so why can't you just try to put your child's needs first?

People who put American flags on foreign cars. If you love and support America then buy American cars!

People who bitch about the president or politics in general but don't vote. Shut up already you lazy excuse for an American!

People who say they support our troops, but have done nothing to support them. Walk the talk or shut up!

I am really not a bitch I am just very passionate about these things.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
6under1roof
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Ummm

I disagree with at least HALF of this list.

WTH?

2012Rabbit12
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM

i hate it when there is dog poop all over the sidewalk. people who let their dogs poop everywhere then people step in it and their shoes maybe ruined. All because of cochinos that let their dogs poop wherever they choose and they are too lazy and dirty to clean it up. there should be laws against this and big fines. maybe then our neighborhoods will get cleaner. dog poop has to be the worst kind of littering.

gdsTX
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Quoting Jettsmom2010:

People who still spank their children. Are you to cruel and lazy to find better ways to parent your children?

Women who never even try to breastfeed their baby. We all know the breast is best so why can't you just try to put your child's needs first?

People who put American flags on foreign cars. If you love and support America then buy American cars!

People who bitch about the president or politics in general but don't vote. Shut up already you lazy excuse for an American!

People who say they support our troops, but have done nothing to support them. Walk the talk or shut up!

I am really not a bitch I am just very passionate about these things.

...Seriously? Have you seen the "no spanking" children? How many of them actually behave? Not to mention, sometimes you just have to drive the point home with a small physical reminder. Not a hit, but just a swat on the butt. Enough to feel, but not enough to really harm.

There are so many reasons that this is wrong. How do you know she hasn't tried it? How do you know if she just isn't capable? You'd have to ask to know, but do you really go up to every woman who isn't breastfeeding to ask if they've tried the breast?

Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that imports are good cars. You can still be patriotic without buying everything domestic. Is everything you own or use American made? I seriously doubt it.

That is the stupidest thing I have heard in a while and I hear some pretty stupid stuff on a daily basis. There are many reasons why someone can't vote. A convicted felon can't legally vote, but they are legal citizens. They can still complain because they don't get a choice.

Some people can't afford to spare anything, but moral support, i.e. well wishes and being there emotionally for a friend who has military ties, can do a lot of good, too.

Annettey19
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Lol. People sure spend a lot of time judging. That's all I can say. I don't care if someone's fat, what they eat, how they dress, where someone vacations, or if they have long nails. If I don't know them, I don't know them. I have no idea what their stories are,  and it's not my business. As long as no one is hurt or endangered, especially kids, I really don't care. Some of these on the list, like texting while driving etc. fall under that endangerment category. And that kind of thing is obviously bad, dangerous, and also illegal in many places. The other things though, eh. I just ignore annoying behavior usually.

alexosche
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM

WOW i think its funny unless i missed it there wasnt a single thing about people that drink or abuse alcohol??? thats pretty pathetic that something so deadly addictive and just destructive has been deemed to be so normal and acceptable to engage in that its not usualy negativly pre- judged or stereotyped!!!! whats happeneing to our world and the people in it???????   SAD SAD SAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Karla1948
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I can vouch for "People who Smoke" being in the #1 position. I don't think there's anything that anyone can do that would bring negative judgment quicker than being a smoker. I should know - I am one! Whenever I meet someone, once they realize I'm a smoker they always seem to back off a bit. Unless they too, are smokers. It's too bad, really, I'm a rather nice and educated person, who happened to have picked up a habit in 1962 that everyone was doing at the time, and once I realized how powerful a habit it was, and understood the consequences, I was well hooked.

I do take exception to #7 - overly long fingernails. I do keep my nails rather long, BUT, I receive nonstop compliments about them.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

LHummel
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Smokers would be the top of my list. However, I thought I was bad until I met my husband. He will make sure strangers know he doesnt like their smoking. Although when I was pregnant I made everyone aware of my dislike. LOL.

nelliesmommy
by Nadia on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I don't judge many things. I hate seeing fat people and when their kids are really fat and they are stuffing their faces. hmmm, people who whip their kids with belts. When people bitch about having no money but have the best phone and clothes and their kids look dusty, dirty, etc..

Karla1948
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I'm surprised that couples with significant age differences didn't make the list. I'm a Cougar (and proud of it) - I'm 64, and I'm now dating a man who is 34. Lots of advantages and excitement in the relationship, BUT, dealing with my own kids and familiy had been a bit of a challenge, and dealing with his family, has been more of one - particularly his mother who doesn't accept me at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)