Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Kinds of People We Just Can't Stop Judging -What do you negatively judge others on?

Posted by   + Show Post

30 Kinds of People We Just Can't Stop Judging

Posted by Maressa Brown on January 30, 2013

long fingernailsBlame human nature. No matter how "nice" we want to be 24/7/365, sometimes, we just can't help letting our own hang-ups, lifestyles, backgrounds, or tastes influence how we see others. Or should I say, how we judge others?

Be honest: Whether we "mean to," "want to," or not, we all do it. When we're walking down the street, waiting in line at the store, or simply driving around town, it's impossible not to occasionally find yourself completely turned-off by someone else and labeling them in your head. Even little, not-so-obvious reasons could have us rolling our eyes. Here are 30 people who are just asking to be negatively judged based on their behavior or appearance ... and who we're ashamed to admit we judge. But we do.

1. People who smoke. It's 2013, not 1950. We know too much about the health consequences of this nasty habit to keep thinking it's a good idea. Or an acceptable behavior around others who might not want to be subjected to secondhand smoke.
  2. People who drink lots of soda. Don't they know it's filled with high fructose corn syrup and chemicals that are rotting them from the inside out?
  3. People who perpetually eat junk food. See #2.
  4. People who have "too many kids." Seriously, are they trying to be the next Duggars or what?
  5. People who own guns.
  6. Women who wear tons of perfume/layers of makeup. What are they hiding under there?!
  7. Women who have overly long, painted fingernails -- particularly with nail art. Aren't there less icky ways of expressing yourself?
  8. Men with even slightly long fingernails and/or toenails. Eww, ever hear of personal hygiene?
  9. People who use poor grammar/spelling in an obviously lazy way. Failing to show you have a grasp on the English language is sure to do the opposite of impress.
  10. People who update their Facebook status constantly. Way to be totally self-obsessed!
  11. People who take the elevator up one floor. Really?! Take. The. Stairs.
  12. People who carry an ill-fitting, unkempt smartphone case. Kiiiinda screams "slob."
  13. People who keep a really messy (which, admittedly, is totally relative) home. Kiiinda screams "hoarder."
  14. People who are obese or have obese children. Sad one, but oh so true.
  15. People who won't recycle, even when it's really easy to. Globe-killing litter bugs!
  16. Restaurant-goers who say "let me get ..." or "gimme the ..." as opposed to "I would like ..." or "may I have ..." Have some manners!
  17. Self-righteous people who refuse to believe scientific evidence that contradicts what their faith tells them to believe.
  18. People who refuse to give up their seat for a pregnant woman on public transportation. Self-centered jerks!
  19. Public transportation users who lean on/"hump" the pole on the subway. So other people can't use it to hold on. Self-centered jerks!
  20. Republican, aka "conservative," FOX News-loving voters. (Applicable only to those who vote Democrat.) What are they thinking?!
  21. Democrat, aka "liberal," hippie voters. (Applicable only to those who vote Republican.) What are they thinking?!
  22. Gym-goers who don't to wipe down exercise machines after use. Gross.
  23. People who don't wash their hands in a public restroom. Shudder.
  24. Public transit users who sit on the outside seat ... and then act incredulous that they have to move when you ask to sit down.
  25. People who swear/curse profusely. Especially in front of kids.
  26. Anyone with a persistent, heavy, rattling sniff in a movie theater or other public place. Get a tissue!
  27. Vacationers who vacation only at Disney World. Helllooo, haven't these people ever considered broadening their horizons?
  28. People who can't stop driving and texting or walking and texting or movie-watching and texting, etc. Cut it out!
  29. People who neglect to hold the door for anyone (especially women/children). Have a little human decency, whydontcha?
  30. People who refuse to thank someone who holds the door for them. Common courtesy must be completely dead.

Be honest: What do you negatively judge others on?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Replies (81-90):
Mariah-1987
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Worthless parents that owe the child years of child support that the kid will never see because they work for cash. That's the worst kind of people to me. And then they go and make more babies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cholita1978
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Did you do that yourself? That's talent :-) they are cute

Quoting Autumn19:

what now? lol

DakotaHaley
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I think my biggest one is appearance. I am always it seems nit picking about what people wear and how they look.

I do have to say I am guilty of the one of people having so many kids.

madwifa
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:21 AM

love this post I do yup do it I am guilty

CookieMom108
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Honestly, I don't.  I don't care how anyone else lives their life.  If it's not affecting me, it's not my business.

torttia
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Smoking, I get it is you are in you are 50 and have been doing it more than half your life but if you are 19 and smoking that is stupid. People who let their underage kid drink/smoke. People who are not responsible parents......Like leaving their stroller/shopping cart with the child in it, letting your child go our with dirty or damaged clothing or no clothing at all (just diaper). 

I understand that people may not be able to buy their kid NEW clothing but you can get nice clothing at the thrift store for a great price or atleast WASH the clothes! We make less than $25k a year and are able to keep our children in clothing that is clean and fits.

https://tiabatten.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy?partyId=132796551

in lovetoddler boybreastfeeding

Autumn19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this

thanks yes i did

Quoting cholita1978:

Did you do that yourself? That's talent :-) they are cute

Quoting Autumn19:

what now? lol

gdsTX
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:28 AM

My SO and I get judged a lot for having piercings, tattoos, and my colored hair.

People who dress "slutty" and those who dress "slobby." Entirely relative, but who hasn't judged someone by their clothes?

iluvsn85
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I dont have enough time in my day to judge people..
T1DKyMom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I judge parents that smoke in the car with their kids.  That is never acceptable!  I used to judge parents that put their kids in daycare all day, but now I'm one of them.  My opinions changed a lot when I became a parent!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)