Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How do you Not eat out? S/o kinda.

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:26 PM
  • 34 Replies
To those moms that make 3 meals every day of your life. How do you have time for it? Is it because our are a sahm?, left overs, freezing meals?
I try to cook as much as possible but everyday, I'm not sure how to do it or be home enough.
How do you do it?
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Because I am a stay at home mom, I like saving money and I really enjoy cooking!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.thatsme.
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup! Or sometimes I will just heat up a can of ravioli for them. *GASP*

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Because I am a stay at home mom, I like saving money and I really enjoy cooking!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FoxTales
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:41 PM
crockpot, dh helps, and we are determined to save money. But really... Crockpot meals save our lives!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommieSDW
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I SAH so I have plenty of time to plan a meal. If I worked or went to school, I would probably eat out more or pre-make and freeze. 

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Leftovers, sandwiches, canned soup, occasionally boxed Mac and cheese.

I don't cook at all unless i have to. We have cereal or yogurt for breakfast, leftovers for lunch and then df makes dinner when he gets home.

We buy frozen chicken nuggets and some other things for busy days, but usually wemake our own.

We try not to eat out/order in more than twice a month. If we are both in town for some reason then we will get pizza or Chinese.
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:52 PM
We eat cereal, muffins, easy things a lot for breakfast. I also pre make breakfast burritos, pancakes, etc on Sundays enough for the week. We usually eat left overs for lunch from the night before or we will double the recipe and freeze half for another meal in a few weeks. We eat sandwiches a couple times a week also. I am a SAHM, but even before I was we ate at home a decent amount. It is all about planning ahead for every meal. If you don't have a plan or prep work done ahead of time it is really easy to just grab something while out. We only usually cheat on the weekends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Crock pot is like a cook while you run errands.   Many times I have made things at night, put in fridge or freezer for later usage in our meals.  It takes time and a stocked up pantry in order to make it worth while.  The temptation of eating out is everywhere so some people can not resist the easiness of that.

KimTaylor76
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:22 AM
I only work 4 hours a day so Im basically a sahm so I agree with this!

Quoting PeaceMuch:

ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:12 AM

when you have no money its pretty easy to not eat out. i mean we get stuff on occasion, but actual sit down restaurant? i dont even remember the last time i went to one

redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:14 AM

we eat out more then id like :( i need to find new things we'll eat cuz were bored with the same boring crap i always make....which is why we eat out because we're craving other things other then what we have in the house.....*sigh* im a bad mommy i know

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN