Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

am i crazy or is this normal?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:16 AM
  • 28 Replies
Okay remembr when you first brought your little baby home and all of a sudden where you lived was home but not the home you left. It was a pointy edges everywhere place where babies r doomed? Well I know that's normal (esp with the first!). Well now my first is three and half and I have been staying @ home with him and my youngest now since he was born. I don't have free babysitting so we generally only get some when in laws come in town. I realized that everytime I let joseph go off with anyone (for example: my sister, my mil, my friends) I have a short mental panic attack that has to play out all the scenarios of "worst things that could hapn evr". We r putn him in school next fall but. . . I am alone or is this normal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LavenderMom23
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Haha four babies later I still get that feeling
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AdryF
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I do the same thing. -_-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Yeah thats normal. When my sister watches my boys I freak out if I try to call and cant get ahold of her. I call AT LEAST once while they are with her. lol She is used to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I do the same thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myloves.050709
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:24 AM

My dh sometimes calls his mom when our kids go over there.  I guess I am happy to be able to relax that I will take any opportunity I get, lol. 

Hanab818
by Hana on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:27 AM

i do but i also have a history of anxeity and panic attacks. i used to have attacks leaving my oldest with dh when he was a baby. i dont know why it was more likley seperation anxeity then anything else.

Mrs.Brugger
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:27 AM

My son is almost 5 and I still get terrified he's going to wake up in the middle of the night and go out to his dad's pond. My breath catches a lot thinking, "AHH HES GOING TO FALL DOWN THE STAIRS" or "WHAT IF THIS WIND KNOCKS THE HOUSE DOWN??" (they live in a log cabin-gorgeous!)  and then i think, "tiara. breath. he's fine." lol

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I have a panic disorder, so I get that way a lot.
MeninaBallerina
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:47 AM

It's definitely normal. The fact is that no one is going to care about your kid as much as you do, for the most part anyway. I barely leave my daughter with anyone, there is only one girl that I trust to stay with my daughter for extended periods of time and she is not even related to me lol. 

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Quoting LavenderMom23:

Haha four babies later I still get that feeling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)