Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i crazy or is this normal?

Posted by   + Show Post
Okay remembr when you first brought your little baby home and all of a sudden where you lived was home but not the home you left. It was a pointy edges everywhere place where babies r doomed? Well I know that's normal (esp with the first!). Well now my first is three and half and I have been staying @ home with him and my youngest now since he was born. I don't have free babysitting so we generally only get some when in laws come in town. I realized that everytime I let joseph go off with anyone (for example: my sister, my mil, my friends) I have a short mental panic attack that has to play out all the scenarios of "worst things that could hapn evr". We r putn him in school next fall but. . . I am alone or is this normal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Replies (21-28):
leogirl79
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Very Normal indeed..I have 3 kids and feel this way no matter who watches them! Even when 2 of my kids are off to school if the bus is even a minute late bringing them home I think of every bad senerio in the book!...I think it happens to All Loving Mothers :-)

cleigh717
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Thank you so much for all the replies. Apart of me feels a little nuts bc it hapns regularly the few times I have let him go off without me. I'm glad I noticed it though. I plan on going back to school when he does so I hope that quells my mind about all my greatest fears coming true. Having a child is really like having your heart walk outside your body.
gigis1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

i use to think to myself (what do i need to get my daughter in a bubble) i kinda still think that

TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM

i was like that with ds (hes 2 now) when he was a baby but now i hae no issues of what ifs though i do get teary eyed about him not being with me but that goes away fast. i dont worry about what ifs with dd though (shes 3 months) i think it 4 me is because she was full term and ds was 2 1/2 months early & my first

childofgod04
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:01 PM

It's normal. I once had to leave my now 7 month old with his grandparents for 10 days while I had to go out of town and get ready to move and I thought I was going to have a panic attack all the time! He was 4 months at the time.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

kobo.mom
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Very normal, your not alone!
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Definitely normal. I think it never gets better no matter how many kids you have or how old they are. My mom still gets the same way about my sister and I and we are ages 26 and 29 

GoddessBaker
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Completely normal lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)