Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interesting Facebook Post

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:24 AM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this

Back story: My son's father and I are not together. We haven't been in years. In fact, he up and left nearly 2 years ago to live his life out in Chicago. We haven't heard from him in at least a year.

Tonight on a whim, I looked up his facebook. I saw a post that made me stop. A post that gave me mixed feelings. He posted a video from youtube. Apparently it was a video I had posted from last summer. My son and I were rolling around in the grass outside and being goofy. His post read, "Saw this. So depressed."

Is it bad that I felt happy about that? That I am glad he finally feels upset about what he gave up? Part of me wonders how he found that video. I know I have a youtube channel for family to view videos of my son. I just never thought he knew about it. It feels really good to know he felt something when he watched that video.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
foofoo24
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think you should Feel bad for being happy. Honestly that's a natural response. It doesn't mean his misery makes you happy. You two created this beautiful child together. It's normal to want the other person to farewell something for you and that child. I wish you well and good luck with everything
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
foofoo24
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:36 AM
*feel (not farewell)
Kristina_
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:24 AM
id be happy too! no reason for you to feel bad. hes probably putting a front on for everyone else!
MomRocs1102
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Don't feel bad, i wouldn't.

your_angel
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:54 AM
I'd love to see that my dds bio dad still cared about her. The way you feel makes perfect sense.
PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Don't feel bad. It's alright to be happy that he's upset. He should be. He's missing out on a great life with his son.
ProudMommy51006
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:55 AM
I would have the same feelings about it as you
sahm_of_rj
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Don't feel bad, but don't get your hopes up either. My niece's bio was gone for 6 years and when he showed up again (after being forced to pay child support, of course), it turned out he had pictures of her, his family that had nothing to do with her had pictures of her framed in their house. All taken from Facebook. They put up this big front like they had this long lost child out there to everyone else, but refused to have anything to do with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Titana
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:03 AM
I agree, don't feel bad. It was his decision, not urs.:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:29 AM

i would be giggly. lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)