• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Earliest pregnancy symptoms you noticed?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 25 Replies

So we've all heard rumors of the women who KNEW they were pregnant weeks before a test showed up positive.

With my first my only symptom was cramping a week before my period was supposed to start (I cramped two days before my period then started my period and that was my cycle). So after two days and period still a no show I took a test and sure enough, preggo my eggo.

With my second, I had NOOOOOOOOOOO symtpoms othere than hip pain. I had just started doing yoga was just diagnosed with cervical cancer. Pregnancy was the last thing on my mind. I did't get morning sickness and was losing weight, so when my period finally didn't show I tested and it was positive. I found out at my first ultrasound what I was having which was really neat.

Now, my uterus is rock hard despite having just finished a cycle on the 24th. I noticed this with my first baby, but not the second. I'm assuming that I ovulated early and may be pregnant already (whoops). I'm not going to freak out and ask you ladies if I might be pregnant (of course I MIGHT be all my lady bits are still functioning and intact and I had sex). So just curious on when  you noticed something was up, and what your earliest symptoms were even before you knew something was "off".

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeninaBallerina
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I had morning sickness, or should I say all day sickness lol. It was vomiting though, just the feeling that I was going to vomit. That was really the only symtom I had at all (in regards to early symptoms like cramps or having sore breasts, etc.)

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't have any symptoms, really until I was like 5 months and my uterus was hard. But no morning sickness, no cravings, no sensitivity, nothing.
KanPsMommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Oh with my first I had the most awful morning sickness (it was caled something with a G.. can't remember now). I was lost over 30lbs during the first two months of pregnancy and never gained it back. My boss thought I was dying for real cause I looked like a living dead girl.

Quoting MeninaBallerina:

I had morning sickness, or should I say all day sickness lol. It was vomiting though, just the feeling that I was going to vomit. That was really the only symtom I had at all (in regards to early symptoms like cramps or having sore breasts, etc.)

AleaKat
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Sore boobs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KanPsMommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM

That was about the time with my second that I finally missed a "period".

Quoting luvmybug:

I didn't have any symptoms, really until I was like 5 months and my uterus was hard. But no morning sickness, no cravings, no sensitivity, nothing.

captaincw322
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM
A missed period. I had no other symptoms at all. No breast tenderness, morning sickness, nothing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeninaBallerina
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Hyperemesis Gravidarum? That's what Kate Middleton was hospitalized for I believe. It sounds awful, sorry to hear you went through that!

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Oh with my first I had the most awful morning sickness (it was caled something with a G.. can't remember now). I was lost over 30lbs during the first two months of pregnancy and never gained it back. My boss thought I was dying for real cause I looked like a living dead girl.

Quoting MeninaBallerina:

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Quoting KanPsMommy:

yeah. My periods have always been really really off so it didn't even cross my mind that I might be pregnant at the time. It wasn't until I went to the doc for a completely different reason that I found out I was preggers. I went in with a kidney infection and walked out with prenatal vitamins. Lol. We used condoms and I was on the pill and it still happened.
alexislovesjr
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

My boys I had a little nausea and could smell everything from a mile away. lol. This time I had super super tender breasts and they are already size DD but seemed even bigger/fuller. My DH even noticed it.  I knew 2 weeks before I took a test.

KanPsMommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes. I would not wish that on my worst enemy. Its one of those times when you honestly feel like you might die and I wonder if even a pro-life person might consider abortion at that point if they had to live through it.

Quoting MeninaBallerina:

Hyperemesis Gravidarum? That's what Kate Middleton was hospitalized for I believe. It sounds awful, sorry to hear you went through that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)