• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Morning after pill experience??

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:40 AM
  • 11 Replies

Has anyone used the morning after pill? How did it make you feel? Did you have any long term side effects? I'm considering using it, but I'm feeling torn about the decision. I especially want to know if any married couples have had to use emergency contraceptive. I don't like the idea of putting a ton of hormones in my body, but I also don't want to get pregnant... we wanted to wait until sometime next year for that. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeninaBallerina
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Are we talking about Plan B? If we are you better decide within 24 to 48 hours after sex. I've heard good things about it, few if any side effects and no matter what any nimrod on here tries to tell you PLAN B IS NOT THE ABORTION PILL. It will not work if you are already pregnant. Good luck!

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I have used it twice. Both times with my husband. No bad side effects and no pregnancies.

coupon_ash_back
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:44 PM
No side effects until one day it made me leak from my nipples, looked just like milk. It's the extra hormones I assumed. Sorry tmi.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I did once after the condom broke while I was in between birth control pills and it made me sick as a DOG. It didn't last that long, though, and I didn't have any longterm side effects from it. I didn't get pregnant and am very grateful for that since that bf was a total jerk.

ma2b513
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I used the morning after pill one after my fiance at the time and I had a mishap. It worked just fine and the only issue I had was a headache for the rest of the day. I recommend it. Hope this helps! 

MMerrill
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I've taken it twice before...a few years back, it wasn't with my husband.  I didn't feel any side effects and it's better than an unplanned/unwanted pregnancy!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Gastromama2007
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Oh god I took it when it first came out like 7 years ago and it was awful.

I'm hoping by now they've made it better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:44 PM

i used it with dh about a week before we got married right after he got home from deployment. i just felt like i was getting my period. other then cramping and headaches while taking the pill nothing else happened.

nataliesmom2012
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I used it once but I didn't know I was already pregnant. I had no side effects.
Junior01a
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I used it once without any side affects. Now, I have the Mirena. Sk far, so good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)