Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

The funny things kids say and do .....what about yours

Posted by   + Show Post

I have Five boys and almost every day one of them does or says something funny that just makes my day
this morning my 4 year old .Ethan came walking up to me mumbling to himself and looking down at his pocket
Me: Ethan who are you talking to
Ethan: mom someone put chips in my pocket
ME: really who do you think it was
Ethan: I don't know mom but it was one sneaky hand
Me: oh my are you going to stop that sneaky hand next time
Ethan: NO I have chips in my pocket now
                                                  this is my 4 year old Ethan he's my Goofy bub

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Replies (31-38):
Hanab818
by Hana on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
He's like that to when HE has to go night night. But every one else he's always saying Shh. Especially the baby. He just tucked Elmo in and I was talking to the baby and he looks at me and says mama shhh, so I lowered my voice and he started yelling an me to shhh. He even turned off the light and TVs.

And that is so cute!

Quoting MomWFiveInTow:

Hes so cute l have a sneaky little one too usually its my 4 year old ( chips in the pocket ) I finally found out where he got the chips he snuck them out of his daddy's lunch pack lol
that's adorable putting Elmo night night I wish my boys did the ssshhhh night night thing
usually at night its we need to pee or read another book please or or or lol  

Quoting Hanab818:

My 2yo is a sneaky little kid. Dh went out the other day to get gas and brought home a giant soda. It was almost bed time so I told him 1 sip and that's it. So he takes his sip and a couple mind later he goes for it again and we say no more soda. He'll tells us OK then climbs into daddy's lap and points in the opposite direction while reaching for the soda yelling choo choo and when we look (because we knew what he was doing) we both keep an eye on him and he quickly gets up and sucks down some soda thinking he bested us. Then when we look back at him he gives us this I did nothing face.

He also tucks in Elmo doll turns off the lights and pat's him tummy and says shhhhh. And the when I try talking to him he says Shh mama night night time.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmyL3469
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

My kids do weird crap all the time. I dunno, can't pinpoint anything really. Earlier, my oldest was running around with a sticker book hanging out of her underwear.

MomWFiveInTow
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:34 AM

priceless!!!!! she was claiming it only hers lol ...... it's like licking the donut to make sure your siblings don't eat it ;)
I swear underwear rocks ......my boys were running around with it on their heads yesterday playing heroes I don't know what it is , but I guess wearing underwear on your head in the superhero world makes you undefeatable  lol

Quoting AmyL3469:

My kids do weird crap all the time. I dunno, can't pinpoint anything really. Earlier, my oldest was running around with a sticker book hanging out of her underwear.

Mommy_0708
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:14 PM
My youngest tricity and I were on our way to the store and out of now where she's laughing so hard almost cryin I asked her what's so funny? She points out the window ( pointing at a smart car) and laughs harder and says mom that car is so funny Lookin ! So now everytime she sees those cars she laughs so hard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briangel
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I think my son says the cutest things. He just turned 3, in Dec when it was a new day to put a sticker on the Xmas countdown calendar, he tells me "let's do this thing!" He too says things are ridiculous. When dropping him off at preschool the other day he tells my "mommy you take a seat and wait for me" and he runs off to the playroom they begin preschool in. Not even a "bye". Lol.

Thanks for this post, I love hearing and sharing these stories!
little.worthen
by Tessie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I have full notebooks of funny crap my kids do and say! Lol
Briangel
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I also have an 8mo old girl, and when she cries, my son will run up to her and say "shhhh, it's ok, I'm here"
So sweet. Then when he sees papa or daddy, it's double punch and beat -up time. :)
MaddieLainesMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:53 AM

My daughter (ML) is 5 going on 13. She always keeps my bf and I laughing. Some of her best material:

Me: Maddie Laine....STOP!

ML: Collaborate and listen (strikes pose)

~~~~

ML (on way to dance): Mommy, I forgot my tap shoes! I'm gonna get fired!

~~~~

ML (about my mom): I just love my gal pal. She's a gem!

~~~~

She also has a habit of referring to herself in third person. For some reason, it really makes me laugh!

Here's my little diva:

Pushing her shopping cart and checking her list!

Sitting so ladylike on the plane!

And giving me a picture-ready pose!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)